Running Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you get use of the track at maiden castle whenever it’s free or only on a Wednesday?

Do you get use of the other gym facilities?

Having bother with it at the minute. We can’t use at all till next Spring, the harriers are having bother as well, the uni are being twatty.

When we can use it though it’s only at club session times and only for the track. Other bits you have to pay for.

That said it’s £35 a year so it’s next to nowt really.

Having bother with it at the minute. We can’t use at all till next Spring, the harriers are having bother as well, the uni are being twatty.

When we can use it though it’s only at club session times and only for the track. Other bits you have to pay for.

That said it’s £35 a year so it’s next to nowt really.
My mate has just joined.

Ah use of the track would be really handy as I start this run less run faster program, some of it is track intervals. That said apparently the track is open most of the time

My mate has just joined.

Ah use of the track would be really handy as I start this run less run faster program, some of it is track intervals. That said apparently the track is open most of the time

Aye generally, there is an alternative being put forward for over the winter but I haven’t seen what it is yet. I’m injured so I’m hardly running at all at the minute.

It’s a good bunch though so easy to fit in.

Not exactly the question I’d expect to be asking ahead of a half but just wondering how you guys keep warm ahead of a run when into your pen early? Looks like it’ll be lashing down all weekend so the thought of standing in the rain for 30 mins before even getting going isn’t ideal. Do you take an old top and just ditch it, do they tend to provide anything? Don’t really want to take any of my running gear then have to launch it away. Thanks!

started the run less, run faster program last night. I usually just go out a jog so it made a nice change trying some intervals.

Got a couple months before the actual 16 week protocl starts leading up to my marathon so I'm just sticking to it loosely atm, maybe repeat a couple weeks etc. Also signed up to the gym at Maiden castle, hopefully make the track more accessible.

Not exactly the question I’d expect to be asking ahead of a half but just wondering how you guys keep warm ahead of a run when into your pen early? Looks like it’ll be lashing down all weekend so the thought of standing in the rain for 30 mins before even getting going isn’t ideal. Do you take an old top and just ditch it, do they tend to provide anything? Don’t really want to take any of my running gear then have to launch it away. Thanks!
Bin bag, old top to throw. Get in the middle of people and stretch

Wear an old jumper or something. Most runs have charity bags at the start now, so just chuck in one of them. If not just leave it at the start, they get collected by charities anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back