Running Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
how does the little chip work with regards to the app? my lass is going to follow my progress, but surely they haven't all got individual GPS receivers in them? is there sensors at intervals around the course that clock you in?

sound, been pretty much off the booze for a while and eating alright, so i guess its just a waiting game, other that pilates and swimming. went down Roker beach yesterday with the sea swimming club and it was class, might go again on thursday night.
Make sure you go over the timing chip mate. Every 5km or so.

If you're going in the sea, make sure the water is good. Don't want to pick up a bug now.

Make sure you go over the timing chip mate. Every 5km or so.

If you're going in the sea, make sure the water is good. Don't want to pick up a bug now.

ah right so its like a bar on the ground or something that you could potentially miss? i wondering how it tracked people

good luck everyone.. hope you all get pb s but most of all enjoy the day.... enjoy the aches on Monday to.. you have earned them..

Bloody typical.

Went for a nice little gentle 6 miles yesterday. Been feeling great and even knocked 3 half minutes of my 8 miles pb the other day.

Top of foot felt sore, next to big toe while running. Had no idea why as never had any issue there ever. Was tender last night so iced it but didnt hurt that much.

This morning it looks a little red and is slightly tender. Not sure if it is going to bruise. Always seems the same that my body knows I've a run this weekend and says well you wont be running without some pain.

Bloody typical.

Went for a nice little gentle 6 miles yesterday. Been feeling great and even knocked 3 half minutes of my 8 miles pb the other day.

Top of foot felt sore, next to big toe while running. Had no idea why as never had any issue there ever. Was tender last night so iced it but didnt hurt that much.

This morning it looks a little red and is slightly tender. Not sure if it is going to bruise. Always seems the same that my body knows I've a run this weekend and says well you wont be running without some pain.
Possibly your toe nail needs cutting as it's rubbing against the shoe, either that your trainers could be too small.

Possibly your toe nail needs cutting as it's rubbing against the shoe, either that your trainers could be too small.
Its not the tip of the toe but the other end. Shoes are fine. They are new but exactly the same make and size that I've used for the past 2 years. Also, have done 24 miles in them before yesterday with no issues.

Just makes no sense. It looks like I've dropped something on my foot but I havent. The only thing was I wore a pair of shoes for work yesterday morning that I've not worn in about 2 months but cant see how it will be that.

Anyway, will run in Sunday but might have to run slower if it gets sore.

Its not the tip of the toe but the other end. Shoes are fine. They are new but exactly the same make and size that I've used for the past 2 years. Also, have done 24 miles in them before yesterday with no issues.

Just makes no sense. It looks like I've dropped something on my foot but I havent. The only thing was I wore a pair of shoes for work yesterday morning that I've not worn in about 2 months but cant see how it will be that.

Do you have proper running socks, if not get some with extra padding around the key areas.

Best of luck for Sunday.

Booked up for the Gung Ho 5k obstacle course race at Herrington Park next weekend, looks like a good bit of fun. Was booked up for the Rough Runner event at Lambton Estate in July as it looked a bit more of a challenge, but unfortunately they didn't get the numbers and cancelled the event.... Still waiting on a bastard refund as well 😒

Set off on a nice easy 5k tonight, no hurry was gonna take my time and enjoy it. 1k in my knee starts playing up after being fine for a couple of months. And I'm running the gnr on Sunday ffs

It's not gout is it? Sounds like the general area. I've been suffering with something similar for months. There's a pain at the top of my foot, but I only really feel it when I bend my big toe. Running and football have no effect.

I'm also getting a strain underneath the same foot and I'm worried it could be plantar fasciitis (again). Time for some new running trainers...

It's not gout is it? Sounds like the general area. I've been suffering with something similar for months. There's a pain at the top of my foot, but I only really feel it when I bend my big toe. Running and football have no effect.

I'm also getting a strain underneath the same foot and I'm worried it could be plantar fasciitis (again). Time for some new running trainers...
Dont think so. Looks like a bruise. Starting to wonder if I've done it when warming up as its right on the place where I would stretch for my achiles.

Doesn't seem as bad today and no pain when walking. Had planned on a slow 3 miles on Thursday but wont bother and just hope for the best on sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back