Running Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just take it easy for the first 5km, see how you feel, then push on if you feel ok.

I think that’s sensible, this isn’t a PB course realistically. I’ve got Darlo in August which is perfect for sub 50mins, I just need to let my head rule my heart Thursday.

Aye route change to follow as well, I’m expecting because they can’t close round by Durham school with the A167 being shut, should be a right laugh!

Never ran in heat like this to be honest, I’m going to do a gentle 5k tomorrow night and see how it feels before the main event.
I've just done 9k and it was brutal (and that was at 9pm) so god knows how bad it will be on Thursday at 7.30

I think that’s sensible, this isn’t a PB course realistically. I’ve got Darlo in August which is perfect for sub 50mins, I just need to let my head rule my heart Thursday.
Use this as a test to see where your fitness is. No point in killing yourself.

10km this morning. Dropped 3lb in weight.

Last edited:
Anyone doing the Durham 10k tonight had my utmost respect. Absolutely boiling hot, I did the 5k and there was no way I could have done it again. 26.20, which I'm happy with under the circumstances and the chaotic start due to the last minute revised route.

Reactions: D.A
Anyone doing the Durham 10k tonight had my utmost respect. Absolutely boiling hot, I did the 5k and there was no way I could have done it again. 26.20, which I'm happy with under the circumstances and the chaotic start due to the last minute revised route.
I did the 10k and it was the worst race I’ve ever ran. Just pleased to finish tbh, wanted to rap in after 2 miles

I got done in 55:14, I’ve mever worked harder in a race, I was all done at 3 miles and really had to dig in, very proud of myself.

Darlo 10k is round the corner and that time tonight bodes very well for that.

I did the 10k and it was the worst race I’ve ever ran. Just pleased to finish tbh, wanted to rap in after 2 miles

Were you top few? A few in my club were complaining about very slow 5k runners being in the way up to the cathedral, it was a crazy decision to start them at the same time IMO.

Last edited:
I got done in 55:14, I’ve mever worked harder in a race, I was all done at 3 miles and really had to dig in, very proud of myself.

Darlo 10k is round the corner and that time tonight bodes very well for that.

Were you top few? A few in my club were complaining about very slow 5k runners being in the way up to the cathedral, it was a crazy decision to start them at the same time IMO.
Aye, it was a bit of a momentum killer dropping the first few 10k runners in the narrow finish straight with the bulk of the 5k field :confused:

Aye, it was a bit of a momentum killer dropping the first few 10k runners in the narrow finish straight with the bulk of the 5k field :confused:

There was some in the way when I was headed to the cathedral which surprised me, I’d expected the 5k folk to be long gone by the time I got to the top.

Best of luck with the Lakeland 100 @D.A you mad man! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: D.A
Good running on Thursday Magicrat, good time. What was the late change for? As someone said crazy starting both races together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back