Running Thread 2019

Ran a mile tonight after work to get an idea of what my maximum pace is over that distance currently. The answer was 6:55.

I’m going to start doing a session a where I run 3-4 miles with an interval between each one I think to measure where I am.

Trying to mix up what I’m doing so I don’t get bored with it because my times are tumbling so I don’t want to lose the progress I’m making.

Shifting in with my other half shortly too so I think I’ll join a running club then as well as my pisshead mates don’t live Durham way so I’ll need something to do :p

Thats class. I've dropped 3-4 min off my 5k time from last year :evil: No idea why. Did a trail 5k yesterday with a steep incline at one point, felt fast as lightning and was running better than I had in ages - time 29.25 :lol:

Just been out again and did 6km 30:07 so it wasn't a fluke! No idea why I've improved that much in the space of a week. This one was much harder like, I could barely breathe. I'm lying on the bathroom floor now :lol:. f***ing hate 5km man.

You'll get it back! Any goals for the year? Wouldn't fancy a trail so you're a better man than me.

Just been out again and did 6km 30:07 so it wasn't a fluke! No idea why I've improved that much in the space of a week. This one was much harder like, I could barely breathe. I'm lying on the bathroom floor now :lol:. f***ing hate 5km man.

You'll get it back! Any goals for the year? Wouldn't fancy a trail so you're a better man than me.

GNR is my only goal this year and target it to just finish! Did it last year in 2hr 36, but found it a massive step up from 10k mentally and physically. And to be honest my training last year was utter guff for it.

Much prefer trials. It’s generally slower but I find concentrating on where your feet are landing and th views are a bit more interesting.

Not properly mate , just twice a week , but also swim once and if find time cycle indoors once , so 4 forms of cardio a week , doubt I club run again now. Lee mentions triathlons but only have mountain bike :D

Cheers mate ,quite like the Pegasus but not the lightest of shoes , could just do with something lighter for now n again but still with a 10mm drop . You back up club nowadays ?
You should try one, a short distance one maybe. You’re a decent swimmer aren’t you?

Sure your wife won’t mind you spending a few grand on a bike :cool:

Sure your wife won’t mind you spending a few grand on a bike :cool:
I can’t get me head round people spending fortunes on bikes , that’s the great thing about running it’s relatively cheap and nobody has any advantages just because of budget . Lot of tri races are daft entry money also . You not fancy it now you’re getting on ? ;)

I can’t get me head round people spending fortunes on bikes , that’s the great thing about running it’s relatively cheap and nobody has any advantages just because of budget . Lot of tri races are daft entry money also . You not fancy it now you’re getting on ? ;)
The cost of a decent bike puts me off too. Going to stick to the running as long as my body allows. . looking forward to moving up the age categories. More chance of prize money :)

You stopping over in London dan?

I’m staying sat night, I’m debating whether to take my trainers for Sunday morning or to have a day off :?:
Have a day off. I'll probably still be drunk on Sunday. If I was going today I would do bushy park park run. But I'm not.

Back