Running thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 miles !! jeez... well done mate, think some of your lot were up Farringdon this morning mate, took the car to work and passed a few faces. Have a good un , you can still drink and run mate, if not, what's the point of it all :lol:

8 miles today at 6:40 pace. First good run in a couple of months. Surprised how good I felt.

One mile race in the morning dressed in full Santa costume. Then onto the food and drinks...

Merry xmas to all the SAFC runners out there.

8 miles today at 6:40 pace. First good run in a couple of months. Surprised how good I felt.

One mile race in the morning dressed in full Santa costume. Then onto the food and drinks...

Merry xmas to all the SAFC runners out there.
But fuck all the scum runners? Hahaha

Merry Christmas mate. From a Sunderland fan

But fuck all the scum runners? Hahaha

Merry Christmas mate. From a Sunderland fan
Always try a bit harder to beat a mag than a sunderland fan.

One mile in full Santa costume complete. 5:38. I wasn't very aerodynamic and it certainly wasnt breathable. Now having a drink...

Last edited:
Just ran from Cleadon, to East Boldon, along to The Harvester and back to Cleadon on Christmas Day in freezing temperatures. A few people beeped at me and one person shouted Merry Christmas out the window. Made it back to the house and had a freezing cold shower. Pretty happy with my effort :-O:-O:-O

Anyone had problems with there chest in the cold, 2 times in the last month I have been out and during a tempo run, was only doing a 4 miler Monday my chest really starts to hurt and I find it hard to keep going, it's Friday now and chest still hurts a bit, like I say it's the 2nd time this month, I am going out later for a few miles and I know if I take it easy I will be fine, but any effort and I'm instantly fecked.
Also my effort times in the winter for 5k are roughly 2 mins slower than in the summer and I know it's not down to what shape I'm in as I have trained very well this year, anyone experience anything like this I would like to hear from yous as my chest is starting to worry me, I am booking in docs asap aswell as I know something is just not right

With chest pains its best just to see your doc mate , or at very least an experienced sports physio . Have you tried wearing a neck scarf Incase its to do with just breathing in cold air? Like say though get it seen to, if unhappy with what told the harriers have a good Physio Kevin Jeffres who may give you good advice ? Fingers crossed it's summit simple to fix.

Run this mornin to blow away cobwebs, hard going after all the rich food n booze yesterday and struggled a bit, was suprised how many runners were out

My mate was talking about doing it, sounded pretty hard to even qualify to enter.

Needed 8 points in total to qualify...Did Hardmoors Grandslam to for my 8 points (114 miles (4 points), 55 mile (2 points) and 64 mile (2 points) races over a 6 month period).....Cant see me having enough qualifying points again any time soon so think it needs to happen now as not getting any younger :lol:

Can't run at the moment. :(

Getting clicking/crunching feeling in my knee & while walking on it feels ok, trying to run on it is pretty uncomfortable & it sort of half locks if I don't move it for a while.

Appointment made for the docs on Monday but I've got a feeling it's cartilage.

Can't run at the moment. :(

Getting clicking/crunching feeling in my knee & while walking on it feels ok, trying to run on it is pretty uncomfortable & it sort of half locks if I don't move it for a while.

Appointment made for the docs on Monday but I've got a feeling it's cartilage.
That's a nightmare mate, hope it's nothing serious.

I hate this time of year, icy roads, cold weather and mountains of food/booze really knock my form out... Posted on another thread there, I've just joined the local boxing gym to try and push my fitness on a bit. Finding myself just coming to a bit of a standstill and being bored.

That's a nightmare mate, hope it's nothing serious.

I hate this time of year, icy roads, cold weather and mountains of food/booze really knock my form out... Posted on another thread there, I've just joined the local boxing gym to try and push my fitness on a bit. Finding myself just coming to a bit of a standstill and being bored.

Probably my own fault. I did my 1st ever cross country run on Sunday & even though it was a few miles shorter than my training runs have been it was pretty muddy & all my leg joints felt a bit strained by the end just from trying not to go arse over tit.

1575 miles run in 2014 with a few more days still to go.
anyone doing newcastle racecourse marathon next month? anyone done it?

I did the half there in December 2013. Good event, found it a bit strange as they had a half, full marathon and Ultra all running at the same time with runners from all distances doing laps of the course. Was very windy and not as flat as I expected but well worth doing if you are looking for something local and a bit different.

Did the Woodlawn pudding run on Boxing Day 3.25 miles & smashed out a pb of 21:08 different course from last year. Parkrun was a struggle on the ice in a time of 21:39 today

Took the boy on parkrun yesterday and he did it on sunderlands timing at 26.30 but on the watch 26 mins dead, well happy with his progress and I hope he kicks on next year, I'm off for 10 mile tonight nice and slow as I did 6 on Boxing Day slow and had no chest problems, it seems to be in the cold when running under 7 min miles I get this chest problem so I will just plod between 8-8.30.

Another 10 miles in the legs today, so happy with that. Will get the longer runs up towards 20 miles in the next 6 weeks. These are my favourite runs (at least when it's not against the clock). Love going out in the cold too, all wrapped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back