Running thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran from south shields to whitburn via cleadon hills trail run yesterday, nice and peaceful, 6.2 miles About half a dozen dog walkers about. Later that day done another 10 miles with my lass on the roads so noisy and smelly.

Can't run at the moment. :(

Getting clicking/crunching feeling in my knee & while walking on it feels ok, trying to run on it is pretty uncomfortable & it sort of half locks if I don't move it for a while.

Appointment made for the docs on Monday but I've got a feeling it's cartilage.

FFS! A months wait for an MRI Scan :evil:

5 miles today after a month or so of feeling crap. Was a slog and my legs are like jelly. Cant say in looking forward to my next run.

With chest pains its best just to see your doc mate , or at very least an experienced sports physio . Have you tried wearing a neck scarf Incase its to do with just breathing in cold air? Like say though get it seen to, if unhappy with what told the harriers have a good Physio Kevin Jeffres who may give you good advice ? Fingers crossed it's summit simple to fix.

Run this mornin to blow away cobwebs, hard going after all the rich food n booze yesterday and struggled a bit, was suprised how many runners were out

I went to docs last night and I have exercise induced asthma, got a inhaler last night so hopefully this will be last of my chest problems, only happens in the winter so no more efforts in the winter just long slow runs i will have to do.

Went up silky track this mornin, did 9x400 intervals with 200m jog Inbetween each, was frosty n bit slippy so not ideal for trying to run fast , wanted to do 12 reps but thought better of it , first time I'd done owt on the track for God knows how long so nice to just give it a try .
Happy new year everyone

Went up silky track this mornin, did 9x400 intervals with 200m jog Inbetween each, was frosty n bit slippy so not ideal for trying to run fast , wanted to do 12 reps but thought better of it , first time I'd done owt on the track for God knows how long so nice to just give it a try .
Happy new year everyone
I tried running on the street yesterday, was too slippy. 5 x 1/2 mile with 1 minute rest. Then bottled it.

7 miles yesterday and another 6 today. Almost upto 1,300 for the year, compared to just under 1,000 last year. Planning for over 1,500 next year.

Nice and cold, not slippy but very firm underfoot. Nice run to end the year.

Portobello Promathon for me - 4 mile race along the prom in Edinburgh. Having to stay sober tonight, what with the new drink driving laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back