Running thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Running at my best atmo in & around 21:20 mark the last 5 runs at whitley bay parkrun.got into a habit of doing 3x5ks +1x3k a week which is ticking me over nicely,ile try out a couple of longer runs this holiday but my knees aren't great so we'l see will be doing the pudding run on Boxing Day & ile be aiming to smash last years time of 2239

Nice Xmas park run with the bairns this morning, after a decent 10k beforehand. Shins almost right now. Good luck to those at saltwell today

Reactions: D.A
Good to see Liam Taylor running again , wish that lad all the best after the injuries he has been through , still holds the sunderland parkrun record also

been doing the park runs recently with the oldest boy 17 years old, never ran in his life and was a smoker till about a month ago, 1st park run was 32mins and killed him last 2 he has set pbs, not great times but 27.30 and this week 27.12 at shields, well happy with him and I asked if he wanted to do sunderland 10k and he said yes, hopefully I can keep him into this as it will keep him off the tabs im sure

Thoroughly enjoyed my morning at the Saltwell 10k, saw some amazing running & the Saltwell Harriers themselves were fantastic, so welcoming. Definitely joining up in the New Year! If you were running I had a great time cheering you on from my little corner of the course!!

, must be a bugger when windy though ?

I never have mate, did sunderland 6 times and shields just the once when my mate had to go through shields anyway, just curious how they compare... was half thinking of a park run comeback tomorrow but having couple beers tonight straight from work so sod that, too many nights out over the next 2-3 week, but gonna try do it again mid January onwards

edit.... cant believe people do the park run on a Christmas morning mind
I'll probably run on the morning but not doing the park run. I hate Christmas as it is, never mind pretending to be nice to strangers!

Good to see Liam Taylor running again , wish that lad all the best after the injuries he has been through , still holds the sunderland parkrun record also
What injuries?

I'd love to finish my 3 marathon career with a sub 3h 30 at London in April. After that I want to concentrate on getting faster over half mara and 10k, maybe 40 minute 10k, and 1h 35 half mara would be good for me. Just keeping fit and enjoying it would also be good as since I have tried to get faster had nowt but tweaks and aches as most probably do but never had a problem when I went at my own pace!!
If you can do a sub40 10k, you should be able to do a sub 1hr30 half easily. I know it doesn't always work like that.

My 5 goals for the year were sub-19 5k, sub-40 10k, sub-90 half, complete the Pentland Skyline hill race and get my level2 coaching. Got the first 4, last one is a carry forward.

What injuries?
Broke his leg while actually running , then I got told last sat night by a harrier that he had a bad problem with this bones or summit, made out as if he was finished. Great to see he isn't , but must still be struggling a bit as he was in physio last week (missus was in same time) . Hope your club is helping him.
No more posts today - FTM

My goals for the year accomplished. Pb for 5k, 10k, half, marathon and first ever ultra. Training started this week for next year, Brighton marathon first target. 10 miles today. Would be amazing to break 3:05 and get an entry to London. Long shot but willgive it a go!

16 miles in the pouring rain on a derby day hangover tonight.......Feeling rough as fuck:oops:

went out last night for a run and was dying on my arse from the first step, think Sunday's celebrations really took their toll... older you get the longer it takes to recover from a big drink...:oops:

Who's training on Xmas day then? Think I'd be getting divorced if I told the missus I'm going running Xmas day :)
I think I'll be going for a few miles before my binge. There'll be nowt else for me to do while my lass is sticking make up on. Got nee kids.

went out last night for a run and was dying on my arse from the first step, think Sunday's celebrations really took their toll... older you get the longer it takes to recover from a big drink...:oops:
I ran tonight and still haven't properly recovered. I did take the piss with the drink though.

Know what you mean Fletch, the drink interferes with my running so something will have to give!!
Out yesterday for 15 miles, soaked!! That's me till Sunday for a half mara I think. Now for food n drink!! All the best everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back