Running Thread 2013

• Thread starter maninthelighthouse
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maninthelighthouse

So, the ballot has opened for the GNR, any other big runs planned for this year?

Tonights the first run since Christmas, gonna be a tough en i think

did one at the weekend just gone5.5m mixed terrain. got a 10mile in road in thirsk march, 1/2MOTN april plus 2 trail runs in the lakes April. May is Keswick 1/2M, June is coniston 15 (i think) - can't remember others but there's 3-4 10K's i want to do - i think the last race of the year is the brampton 10mile in early Dec.

Manged to gt to 6 mile tonight, so very slow but last mile in 7min37s getting me legs back slowly but Shirley, up in ballot fo gnr n fancy doing half marathon in sunderland aswell.

Manged to gt to 6 mile tonight, so very slow but last mile in 7min37s getting me legs back slowly but Shirley, up in ballot fo gnr n fancy doing half marathon in sunderland aswell.

well done - i know you don't need me to tell you but take it easy and don;t concentrate on any speed - it will come with fitness and time on your feet.

7mile recovery for me tonight - really stiff from yesterdays race - didn't time it but prob 9min mile pace or maybe just under.

well done - i know you don't need me to tell you but take it easy and don;t concentrate on any speed - it will come with fitness and time on your feet.

7mile recovery for me tonight - really stiff from yesterdays race - didn't time it but prob 9min mile pace or maybe just under.

I'm concentrating on just upping distance and purposely go out with a lad who runs 9-9.30 min miles, I know the speed will return in time but for now 3 slow jogs a week and 1 speed session is what I'm penciling in this month. How was yesterday's cross country? I've been doing a bit on the leas and beach at shields and love it, makes a change from road running

Last edited:
I'm concentrating on just upping distance and purposely go out with a lad who runs 9-9.30 min miles, I know the speed will return in time but for now 3 slow jogs a week and 1 speed session is what I'm penciling in this month. How was yesterday's cross country? I've been doing a bit on the leas and beach at shields and love it, makes a change from road running

pretty good, not really XC but kind of a mixed bag. Muddy in a few places but overall a nice run. only 5.5m so not too far. came mid pack so all good.

Hate running a straight road, I overdosed that route with living so close to it

should get a 10 mile pb at the 'thirsk 10' in march. flattest 10 miler around.
fastest 10 k's are darlo and middlesbrough though not wild about darlo as it's a 2 lap course.
plenty of winter fell races between now and then.

Sunderland half marathon, alnwick half marathon, maybe enter some trail races, xc, some mental obstacle courses and other stuff that the running club do

In the ballot for the GNR which I'll find out tomorrow if I'm in or not.

Marathon of the North in April.

Entering a triathlon (so not strictly running) in September, so got a lot of training for that too. The run part is 9 miles... Up Helvellyn.

Cheque and form for harriers in the post. Did my 3.8 mile route last night and my legs just weren't having it. Avg 7.49 miles, still you win some you lose some. I'm sure it'll get better. Early morning swim then interval training tonight, could be a killer!

just recived a email saying i got in the gnr through the daily mirrow ballot, been trying for 4 year to get in through ballot and at last i can now crack on and do it without having to chase cash around raising it.

I've been doing a bit on the leas and beach at shields and love it, makes a change from road running

In the summer I had a few nice runs along South Shields, started at Mango's* pub car park and along to the end of the pier and back, a nice 5km run.

*might have changed it's name again.

Cheque and form for harriers in the post. Did my 3.8 mile route last night and my legs just weren't having it. Avg 7.49 miles, still you win some you lose some. I'm sure it'll get better. Early morning swim then interval training tonight, could be a killer!

any reason you chose the harriers?

In the summer I had a few nice runs along South Shields, started at Mango's* pub car park and along to the end of the pier and back, a nice 5km run.

*might have changed it's name again.

It's a lovely place to run in the summer tiredeyes, I will be down there tomorrow morning doing a few 400m sprints again if I have the energy, managed 6.5 mile tonight 8.30 pace was never tired but neve had the energy to try and push on.

Started my 16 week training programme for the Marathon of the north on Sunday. 3 miles on Sunday and 4 miles today, a lot of running ahead.

Hope to stay injury free but looking to do a half marathon but not the north run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back