Running Thread 2013

• Thread starter maninthelighthouse
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

define better!! The roller is great for me, can be used all over the body and nee real balancing involved? Each to their own i guess but that just looks like a gimick.

You apply the correct pressure needed rather than relying on b

define better!! The roller is great for me, can be used all over the body and nee real balancing involved? Each to their own i guess but that just looks like a gimick.

You apply the correct pressure needed rather than relying on body weight, it's easy to carry about to give a quick pre run rub over hip flexors hammies quads calves etc. rollers are great, but I honestly find this is easier to use and more effective.

F you have a rolling pin just go through the motion of rolling out your muscles, I honestly think you'll find it better. But like you say it's down to personal preference. I was sceptical til I used a lads at work.

i have a roller and use it after all runs, i got some pain in the muscle just to the ide of my shin during yesterdays jog and am gong to rest it up until tuesday then try a short 3 miler just to see how it is, maybe oer done it a little last 2 weeks and need to ease back into it a little easier if the pain ws anything to go bye, feels alot better today the pain has gone and no niggle when im walking but saftey 1st and i will just hit the gm for next 3 days

Why has no one mentioned this before !

I've just used the little ones peppa pig cooking set rolling pin after my 5k park run this morning and it feels lush on my calves and quads, I'm gonna have to invest in a proper foam roller :lol:

start fitness latest discount code - NYSAVE10. 10% off in the shop or on line.

You apply the correct pressure needed rather than relying on b

You apply the correct pressure needed rather than relying on body weight, it's easy to carry about to give a quick pre run rub over hip flexors hammies quads calves etc. rollers are great, but I honestly find this is easier to use and more effective.

F you have a rolling pin just go through the motion of rolling out your muscles, I honestly think you'll find it better. But like you say it's down to personal preference. I was sceptical til I used a lads at work.

take your point but correct pressure is normally f***ing hard in my experience - if youve ever had a physio massage they have fingers, knuckles and elbows of steel. A little bit of foam cant come close.

start fitness latest discount code - NYSAVE10. 10% off in the shop or on line.

take your point but correct pressure is normally f***ing hard in my experience - if youve ever had a physio massage they have fingers, knuckles and elbows of steel. A little bit of foam cant come close.

I beg to differ, I get regular sports massages, yes they hurt, but this roller goes as hard as you are strong, even stronger if you get someone else to do it.

I agree with you there mate, those foam rollers are great, I get terrible thigh pains after running and use it to stretch out that muscle. Physio introduced me to it

Just managed a 5k in 23 mins, hamstring felt ok and I felt fit, I need to do a couple more Runs next week ready for the 10k next Subday, so definately no football.

Bought a foam roller, done it on my back quickly and its great, managed to click my back. Had a go of a tiger tail, would be good for legs, but how would you do your back?

Also bought some running tights :oops:

Bought a foam roller, done it on my back quickly and its great, managed to click my back. Had a go of a tiger tail, would be good for legs, but how would you do your back?

Also bought some running tights :oops:

always train in tights and have raced in them a few times. manly in the extreme mate nowt to be concerned about !!:-D

always train in tights and have raced in them a few times. manly in the extreme mate nowt to be concerned about !!:-D

Don't know about racing in them like! My last run I done, I was freezing like, so thought I need it. Also got some red and white adidas shorts for ten quid from tk maxx, light as out

Im trying to convince her to do the assault course in London in August, cant find the link now, but it was on the other running thread.

Im trying to convince her to do the assault course in London in August, cant find the link now, but it was on the other running thread.

Spartan race? The link I hoyed up?
Quality race mate, me and the mrs are doing one in Cambridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back