Running Thread 2013

• Thread starter maninthelighthouse
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Entry in for GNR. Two spring marathons before then all being well.

Haven't ran for 10 weeks with a bad knee. Going to give it a go with a steady 5k on sat. Fingers are crossed it is ok.

im no at present but looking to join up somewhere - i need to run with people for effort running otherwise i dont do it properly.
strollers do all sorts of sessions, tomorra is the winter handicap, where you get giving a time and you have to run it in that, they do it as a competition. last session i done, we done 5 x 1 minute sessions, and 5 of them, so it was 25 minute efforts in total. you on facebook?

4 mile today, 5k just to see were i am was 22.57 then a slow warm down, thought i was in worse shape i stll had a bt left in the legs with that 5k but im very satisfied with that, will stick to slow jogs till the end of the month then do the same route again and see were i am speed wise, happy that i seem to have the ground speed still there just have to wrack up the miles and i will get that close to 20mins in a few month. do people use endumondo i just re-opened a account

Last edited:
last year it was between £16-£21 depending on attached/unattached and if you were wanting the bus back to the start.
you got a long sleeve tecky shirt and a sense of achievement.

That's good, I can run that, and the alnwick half for the same cost of the gnr

I have a 10k next week and my hamstring is still aching, I will try a light jog this Sunday

strollers do all sorts of sessions, tomorra is the winter handicap, where you get giving a time and you have to run it in that, they do it as a competition. last session i done, we done 5 x 1 minute sessions, and 5 of them, so it was 25 minute efforts in total. you on facebook?

did you do the winter handicap run last night?

Class, well done mate. Does your GPS not tell you how fast each km is? Then you will get your 5k pb...

Aye but you can't really trust them - not when you want to use the time for a PB. Try for a one in the morning I guess at prun

I have a 10k next week and my hamstring is still aching, I will try a light jog this Sunday

Every sympathy mate.....I didn't seek advice last year and my hamstring kept going every time I'd given it 3 weeks rest. Kept me off the roads (on and off) for about 6 months.

Just finished 6 mile recovery run, averaged 7.54 min miles. Nice hilly route. Calves are stiff as hell !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back