Running Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just had my third pasta based meal in a row...:roll:

It's my first marathon tomorrow, spaghetti hoops on toast for brekky tomorrow, then some fruit. Will have jelly beans in my pocket instead of taking the gels as I've not used them in practice and I've heard they can cause this
Logon or register to see this image

:cry:

Had a go at cani-x this morning with my collies. I haven't got the harnesses and stuff, so I just used normal dog leads fastened onto a belt. Bit of a disaster :oops:

Bob had enough after about two miles, so I felt like I dragged him the rest of the way home (did 2.69 miles). Jack enjoyed it, but he was dancing about all over the place and I kept tripping over his back legs.

Think I'll keep dog walking and running separate from now on!

Happy with it, pushed as hard as I could and that's what I got. Done no exercise for last week and half as fairly hurt my foot as footy last week, wonder if i'd done a few light runs this week it would have stood me in good stead to beat an hour.

But not gonna mull over it, happy with my time and effort, and really enjoyed the day :cool:

Well done to everyone doing both this and the marathon

Was that for the full marathon?

If so, excellent time. Well done.

Yep! The way I've been feeling the last couple of weeks I would have been happy to get under 4hrs.
Here's the endomondo thingy. Obviously the lap times are a bit different as I started it early and didn't stop it straight away. I planned to run around 8min/mile but I was supprised, 7.30 pace felt good. 20miles the pain started to kick in.

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/5...types=endoapp:track&fb_source=other_multiline

Last edited:
Yep! The way I've been feeling the last couple of weeks I would have been happy to get under 4hrs.
Here's the endomondo thingy. Obviously the lap times are a bit different as I started it early and didn't stop it straight away. I planned to run around 8min/mile but I was supprised, 7.30 pace felt good. 20miles the pain started to kick in.

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/5...types=endoapp:track&fb_source=other_multiline

Running another one next week and will be more than happy with your time plus 1hr20. Bit hilly like and even tough I run I am nowhere near fit and years of smoking don't help either.

Whats your medal and T-shirt like. Hope they haven't skimped on them.

Was boiling hot today, so glad I backed out of the marathon. It was only this morning when I worked out when my last training was ... March! Did about an hour, just pleased to finish really.

4.49 for my first and last marathon, think I'll stick to half marathons from now, enjoyed it but at 49 feel half dead! Good shirt and medal, great support from the crowds, although my garmin says I did 26.52, last six miles was hard, whole course was quite hilly, lovely weather and overall something I'm glad I've done, hope the event grows and grows

4.49 for my first and last marathon, think I'll stick to half marathons from now, enjoyed it but at 49 feel half dead! Good shirt and medal, great support from the crowds, although my garmin says I did 26.52, last six miles was hard, whole course was quite hilly, lovely weather and overall something I'm glad I've done, hope the event grows and grows

Well done mate. My garmin reckoned the 10k was 6.5 miles, so I dunno if my watch is dodgy or they cheated on the distances. I was a little dissappointed with the turn out along the 10k route, but I hope there were more people as you got out of the town centre.

Well done mate. My garmin reckoned the 10k was 6.5 miles, so I dunno if my watch is dodgy or they cheated on the distances. I was a little dissappointed with the turn out along the 10k route, but I hope there were more people as you got out of the town centre.

The distance thing is normal.

My Garmin had me at 26.9 for the london marathon.

done the 10k not sure about time but it was under 44 mins and my tracker had me down doing 10.2k set a pb for 10k accoriding to endumondo so im going with that!!! well done all that done both runs yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back