Rum Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any suggestions for a bottle to go with coke to make nice cuba libre?

We usually go with Havanna club & like any across the range from 3 to 7 yr - i.e. dont mind if light or dark. But want to try something different - not a big fan of spiced rums though
About £30

We usually go with Havanna club & like any across the range from 3 to 7 yr - i.e. dont mind if light or dark. But want to try something different - not a big fan of spiced rums though
About £30

Mount Gay Black Barrel just under 30 sheets or XO just over?

About £30

Usually drink this neat but it's canny with coke as well:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/El-Dorado-Year-Old-Gold/dp/B004EAHKYG/ref=sr_1_17?s=alcohol&ie=UTF8&qid=1512651998&sr=1-17&keywords=RUM&refinements=p_72:419153031,p_36:406397031

Also the Mount Gay XO

Edit, should have read above - both already mentioned

Appleton Estates or Chairmen's for me. Stay clear of the brutal Domincan Republic ones like Brugal as it's made with left overs from sugar refining and not too nice.

About £30

£30 on a bottle of rum to put coke in? Seems a waste to mix anything better than Havana Club/Appleton type rums. The nicer ones are a bit more subtle so better drunk neat.

£30 on a bottle of rum to put coke in? Seems a waste to mix anything better than Havana Club/Appleton type rums. The nicer ones are a bit more subtle so better drunk neat.
Maybe, aye. But its just a present really. Something to try, and then to have a nice strong rum n coke with.
Its nice to try something new.

Thanks for the advise, I'll have a look at those 3-4 now

Stuck the Mount Gay XO and the Eldorado in my Amazon basket. That's another problem solved. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back