Rum Recommendations

Any suggestions for a bottle to go with coke to make nice cuba libre?

We usually go with Havanna club & like any across the range from 3 to 7 yr - i.e. dont mind if light or dark. But want to try something different - not a big fan of spiced rums though
About £30

We usually go with Havanna club & like any across the range from 3 to 7 yr - i.e. dont mind if light or dark. But want to try something different - not a big fan of spiced rums though
About £30

Mount Gay Black Barrel just under 30 sheets or XO just over?

About £30

Usually drink this neat but it's canny with coke as well:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/El-Dorado-Year-Old-Gold/dp/B004EAHKYG/ref=sr_1_17?s=alcohol&ie=UTF8&qid=1512651998&sr=1-17&keywords=RUM&refinements=p_72:419153031,p_36:406397031

Also the Mount Gay XO

Edit, should have read above - both already mentioned

About £30

£30 on a bottle of rum to put coke in? Seems a waste to mix anything better than Havana Club/Appleton type rums. The nicer ones are a bit more subtle so better drunk neat.

£30 on a bottle of rum to put coke in? Seems a waste to mix anything better than Havana Club/Appleton type rums. The nicer ones are a bit more subtle so better drunk neat.
Maybe, aye. But its just a present really. Something to try, and then to have a nice strong rum n coke with.
Its nice to try something new.

Thanks for the advise, I'll have a look at those 3-4 now

Stuck the Mount Gay XO and the Eldorado in my Amazon basket. That's another problem solved. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Back