1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rum Recommendations

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Wayne The Punk, Nov 11, 2017.

1. oROSSo

oROSSo Striker Staff Member

2. Tommasi

Tommasi Striker

Thats white rum isnt it? Sure it's that stuff in the cocktails they serve in Turtle Bay- absolute rocket fuel :lol:

3. Mr.Thunders

Mr.Thunders Striker

West Rock for me

4. Skandhaless

Skandhaless Striker

5. Charmer

Charmer Goalkeeper

Introduced to that in the Krazy Kangaroo and then the Moose. Cap lifted well and truly off.

6. Take a holiday in Afghanistan.

7. garyswc

garyswc Winger

Love the design of their bottles, might try one of them. I do like a lighter / smoother rum, Appleton Estate is a favourite, Gosling's Black Seal for a darker rum.

8. tonyfromalnwick

tonyfromalnwick Midfield

This is the correct answer.

Tokyo Optician likes this.
  9. PTR

PTR Striker

Any suggestions for a bottle to go with coke to make nice cuba libre?

We usually go with Havanna club & like any across the range from 3 to 7 yr - i.e. dont mind if light or dark. But want to try something different - not a big fan of spiced rums though
    About £30

10. Paddy O'Dors

Paddy O'Dors Striker

Mount Gay Black Barrel just under 30 sheets or XO just over?

11. niknak_123

niknak_123 Striker

Usually drink this neat but it's canny with coke as well:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/El-Dorado-Year-Old-Gold/dp/B004EAHKYG/ref=sr_1_17?s=alcohol&ie=UTF8&qid=1512651998&sr=1-17&keywords=RUM&refinements=p_72:419153031,p_36:406397031

Also the Mount Gay XO

Edit, should have read above - both already mentioned

12. Appleton Estates or Chairmen's for me. Stay clear of the brutal Domincan Republic ones like Brugal as it's made with left overs from sugar refining and not too nice.

13. This lad knows his rum.

Pants likes this.
  14. Hammer

Hammer Winger

£30 on a bottle of rum to put coke in? Seems a waste to mix anything better than Havana Club/Appleton type rums. The nicer ones are a bit more subtle so better drunk neat.

banburysafc and TartanMackem like this.
  15. Hoon

Hoon Midfield

If you live anywhere near Newcastle, Rehills has a really good selection of daft ones from all over.

Phil_Harmonic likes this.
  16. RossTheNinja

RossTheNinja Striker

Diplomatico reserva

17. Good shout, but surely it's arl owa?

18. PTR

PTR Striker

Maybe, aye. But its just a present really. Something to try, and then to have a nice strong rum n coke with.
    Its nice to try something new.

Thanks for the advise, I'll have a look at those 3-4 now

Stuck the Mount Gay XO and the Eldorado in my Amazon basket. That's another problem solved. Thanks :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 2:20 PM