RTG - 20 years on

Status
Not open for further replies.

I remember most of these classic threads and was on the earlier version of the forum before this one. Me big bro was the one who pointed me toward it - TTOBG for the real old timers - The Thief of Bad Gags. (AlienFTM, Pabs and the like were around ) Anyway he buggered off to work for a living and things but I stayed mostly as a reader. I don't think there's been a day since I haven't checked in and had a browse.

It's part of my life for more than just the football. Just as well really...

I remember most of these classic threads and was on the earlier version of the forum before this one. Me big bro was the one who pointed me toward it - TTOBG for the real old timers - The Thief of Bad Gags. (AlienFTM, Pabs and the like were around ) Anyway he buggered off to work for a living and things but I stayed mostly as a reader. I don't think there's been a day since I haven't checked in and had a browse.

It's part of my life for more than just the football. Just as well really...
AlienFTM’s infamous “line you will not cross“ :lol:

I might actually get some work done.
I hadn't been here in about a year because I had to force myself to stop going on so I could get work done. Now, I just keep the window open on the corner and check it from time to time... except that "time to time" is becoming practically all the time!

Like the British Empire, the SMB used to invade a lot of places in the old days before people decided that’s not OK. Some I vaguely remember were a poetry message board where a lot of extremely sensitive and touchy people used to post long and unbearable poems about blood, the darkness and their broken hearts and didn’t take kindly to dirty limericks posted by Mackem dodgepots; a football hooligan website which didn’t take kindly to being mocked in a variety of ways; the Blazin Squad (remember them?) fans message board which didn’t take kindly to people suggesting to a teenage fan wanting advice about unplanned pregnancy that she should sell the baby to a childless middle class couple and spend the profits at Greggs; and (I think) a mercenary website that didn’t take kindly to people pretending to be characters from the A Team looking for work...
That last one, FFS! Wish I'd seen that. :lol:

Perhaps the SMB could invade the Parsnip or the Politics forum. Like military exercises instead of a full on war...
Aye, I might be older, greyer and make a funny noise when I bend down to pick something up, but I've still got my reservist ticket, just waiting to get back to action and awaiting orders from someone who knows a thing or six about tanks ...

Last edited:
That last one, FFS! Wish I'd seen that. :lol:

Aye, I might be older, greyer and make a funny noise when I bend down to pick something up, but I've still got my reservist ticket, just waiting to get back to action and awaiting orders from someone who knows a thing or six about tanks ...
We also did one for perverts...and I mean extreme perverts. I still manged to get advised to "seek help" (or something like that) so was a bit of a badge of honour:lol:

We went for the invasion, but stayed for the good company. Scruffy and Co were a nice bunch and didn’t seem to mind us being there.

Seem to remember Spav had to go into work that weekend to catch up with all the stuff he hadn’t done during the week whilst pretending to be a clown.

He did :lol: Posa is probably still there I reckon

We also did one for perverts...and I mean extreme perverts. I still manged to get advised to "seek help" (or something like that) so was a bit of a badge of honour:lol:
Dirty bastard :lol:

Last edited:
Bloody hell, @Cockney Mackem , I remembered the Blazin' Squad invasion, but I'd forgotten telling the pregnant scratter to spend her baby selling profits in Greggs until I read that. I think my username on the Blazin Squad board was KiLbAnEh8r :lol:

IIRC Mackem Angels had a proper bollocking at her work the next day because she was supposed to be working from home and instead led the invasion. She disappeared off here sharpish after her later indiscretions.

It might have been that one. There were so many

I think it's best left to history
All sensible and grown up now!

Wasn't there some little Yorkshire message board, where the woman running it couldn't do anything about the postings as her ex husband had the admin rights and wouldn't let her have them?

Bloody hell, @Cockney Mackem , I remembered the Blazin' Squad invasion, but I'd forgotten telling the pregnant scratter to spend her baby selling profits in Greggs until I read that. I think my username on the Blazin Squad board was KiLbAnEh8r :lol:

IIRC Mackem Angels had a proper bollocking at her work the next day because she was supposed to be working from home and instead led the invasion. She disappeared off here sharpish after her later indiscretions.

lol u sket bag ho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back