RTG - 20 years on

bigmarlon

Winger
I noticed last night that at the bottom of the page it says.. Ready To Go 1998-2018 :eek:

When's the anniversary? Did I miss it?

Anyway, thought I'd crank up the wayback machine and see what this place looked like back then. Fuck me it's gone through some changes hasn't it. I can't believe you's had a Newcastle section in 2000! :mad: Maggy twats!

Wayback Machine

What are your favourite moments/threads on here? Giz some details and I'll find/post them.

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

I liked the definitely legit copy of a bill hoisted up in '99 supposedly showing Paul Scholes had stayed at the Roker Hotel or somewhere around Sunderland. Sent some people into hysteria.
Was that on the original version of the message board where there wasn't even a login system? I remember putting my username (previous one, not this one, which I set up in 2002 or thereabouts) in each time I posted something. Obviously led to loads of silliness with people pretending to be someone else half the time. Must have been before 1999 IIRC, maybe 1997?

I used to do the reserve match reports from New Ferens Park for RTG. Would be interesting to read one from back then. Think I looked on that Wayback Machine before but couldn't find anything. Wasn't RTG called something else previously? I forget the history but I've been posting on here since around 97/98 I think.

Back