Royal family concealing their wealth from scrutiny

Probably because of what I’ve said above. It’s impossible to have a debate outside of the popular beliefs of this board.

Another two posts by me will trigger someone else to pull my first post. Meaning whilst debating with you the current condition of the board il then be defending my original post to someone else, as I am with the poster before you replied to me.

I don’t think you all do it on purpose it’s just what happens making it impossible or to exhausting to carry on with.
The last time I looked on that forum nearly every thread was about Brexit or Brexit was somehow dragged into it. Or it was how shit the Tories are. Very repetitive when that's all you got to read about.
So you had all these strange people frothing and fuming about something that is out of their control. Ok that's their right but you then had three or four others winding them up. Making them froth, fume and scream insults back at the piss takers.
Why would anybody want to join in with that mess? Other than for more piss taking or laughing at the fumers.
Maybe it's changed now and there is debate or discussion about local politics or other subjects that would interest a Sunderland forum. Something tells me it won't have changed though.

What do you think they should do with them then? Genuine question?
Assuming we keep the monarchy, keep a small number of items for ceremonial purposes. Let's be generous and say £1 billion worth out of the £5 billion - that should be enough you would think. The rest could be sold and put to any number of positive purposes. I'm aware £5 billion is a drop in the ocean of the public finances, but it's partly about the message it sends out. Current symbolism: we are incredibly wealthy, getting wealthier by the day, are above the law (in fact we ARE the law) and you are our subjects, lesser mortals.

Of course, it no longer becomes a drop in the ocean when you add the properties, investments, artworks, business interests, income from public assets and unparalleled tax avoidance/evasion (depending on how you see it).
The last time I looked on that forum nearly every thread was about Brexit or Brexit was somehow dragged into it. Or it was how shit the Tories are. Very repetitive when that's all you got to read about.
So you had all these strange people frothing and fuming about something that is out of their control. Ok that's their right but you then had three or four others winding them up. Making them froth, fume and scream insults back at the piss takers.
Why would anybody want to join in with that mess? Other than for more piss taking or laughing at the fumers.
Maybe it's changed now and there is debate or discussion about local politics or other subjects that would interest a Sunderland forum. Something tells me it won't have changed though.
I think there are ample opportunities for debate where those you are referring to have the opportunity to put forward arguments in defence of, for instance, whichever government policy or behaviour is being criticised by the generally left-leaning majority. It usually gets no further than 'they're all the same' or 'but Corbyn' or something equally meaningless and deflective. So inevitably, it becomes a bit of an echo chamber for like minded people with an interest in politics. The absence of good quality debate is generally not their fault though.

Last edited:
Gotta love the frothers on here mind. :lol:

Assuming we keep the monarchy, keep a small number of items for ceremonial purposes. Let's be generous and say £1 billion worth out of the £5 billion - that should be enough you would think. The rest could be sold and put to any number of positive purposes. I'm aware £5 billion is a drop in the ocean of the public finances, but it's partly about the message it sends out. Current symbolism: we are incredibly wealthy, getting wealthier by the day, are above the law (in fact we ARE the law) and you are our subjects, lesser mortals.
So they get sold? Who to? And whomever they are sold to is then sitting on billions worth of assets themselves.

So they get sold? Who to? And whomever they are sold to is then sitting on billions worth of assets themselves.
Why does that matter? It can go to auction and anyone who's wealthy enough to take them is welcome to them. It's not owned by our overlords any more and the public purse can benefit (or some good causes maybe).

Last edited:
Why does that matter? It can go to auction and anyone who's wealthy enough to take them is welcome to them. It's not owned by our overlords any more and the public purse can benefit (or some good causes maybe).
Don't get me wrong, I'm no royal fan, but it's not as if they are sitting on £5b in cash (well they might be, but as well as the jewels). If they were sold they could end up out of the country, or in the hands of just another mega rich UK person, but in their private collection.

At least where they are now they are a tourist attraction and available to the public to view.

Or a slimmed down dogbark :lol:
Getting personal now Bevvy🥱
Don't get me wrong, I'm no royal fan, but it's not as if they are sitting on £5b in cash (well they might be, but as well as the jewels). If they were sold they could end up out of the country, or in the hands of just another mega rich UK person, but in their private collection.

At least where they are now they are a tourist attraction and available to the public to view.
Most tourists are interested in the buildings rather than the people.

Last edited:
Local politics is hardly covered, when it is its ends in the same anti Tory shite.
If it’s good it’s because of a labour council, if it’s bad it’s Tory cuts.

It’s exhausting, boring but a bit funny now and again.

Is it trendy to hate the RF at the moment ?
Think people are just growing a back bone and becoming less subservient over time. Bizzare that some still have the mentality and attitudes of medieval peasents in 2024 tbh, guess some simpler folk are just happier licking boots of the upper classes.

I would certainly be interested in hearing the opposing argument, so anyone that can tell me how well the Tories are doing and a list of everything that is better now than it was 14 years ago. I`d be open to hearing it

Back