Roughest pub away from home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tramways was always their bar, blade crew the originals were top lads, when Boro had Ayresome park there was a small club round the corner, when we played them in the cup years ago i went in with the Wingate lads and all hell broke loose, it was a rough hole that

The royal oak is where i go whenever we play Everton, I found it to be a really friendly normal boozer

It's a tourist pub pal, no edge to it at all now
I beg to differ, no pun intended.
8 of us went in one Saturday to play pool and West Ham were playing Birmingham, they thought we were Birmingham and the call went out to give us all a nice welcome. Fortunately, it all ended up with us being unscathed. Touch and go for a good few minutes.

A pub called The Bird In Hand in a town called Fareham near Portsmouth when we played them in the FA Cup (2010ish)

Fuck me :lol: not a single soul with two eyeballs in the place. Everyone in shorts with the Portsmouth badge on their each calf.

Your avatar :lol:

I've been in there once, not on a matchday though. The tables were just old wooden beer barrels iirc.

8 of us went in one Saturday to play pool and West Ham were playing Birmingham, they thought we were Birmingham and the call went out to give us all a nice welcome. Fortunately, it all ended up with us being unscathed. Touch and go for a good few minutes.

Shouldn't have gone in there with a load of melts in brand new Stone Island gear then should we :lol::lol::lol:

Anyone ever been in the Vic at Plaistow

that place worries me at times let alone away fans

they've had to get riot police to end of season parties and have the whole outside fenced so the police can lock them in if any away fans come past

Used to be run by Charlie Magri

not away friendly but also not nearly as unwelcoming as the Village or the Vic as I just posted,

Have West Ham got a pub called the Prince of Wales? Reason I ask is me and my brother @Colin Bibby shared a train back to London from the West Mids in the early 2000's with a load of lads from Basildon who'd been to Cov, we'd been at WBA. They invited us to join them in there next time we were at West Ham.

Went to watch U2 at Wembley and was meeting some lads we knew in kilburn, rough pub, bucket came round for the ‘cause ‘ , we got out quick
Had that in Bairds bar in Glasgow, me and a mate had nipped in for a pint before a gig at Barrowlands.
bucket comes round "for the raffle"
My dickhead mate asked what time the draw was and why he wasn't given a ticket - not the sharpest is Michael :lol:

The Blands Arms, Micklefield. Leeds Boxing Day 86.

We thought it was a quiet pub to have a pint in, how wrong we were. Walked in and before we even ordered a pint we knew we'd made a mistake. And off we fucked, very very quickly, followed by the cast of La Cantina in From Dusk Til Dawn.

That would be the Navigation.

Went in a pub about 250 yards from Maine Road. Consisted of a front door 2 holes in the wall where beer was served from. Everyone had to drink outside. Asked for 4 pints and it went really quiet around us. Barman told us it would be best if we fucked off which we did.
Scary place.
Was in The Navigation New Year’s Day last year for cup match, seemed friendly enough. Did I dodge a bullet?

The Tall Cranes in Govan.
Wearing Rangers scarves was naive/foolhardy/stupid but the locals could see we were English idiots and even did their best to get our mate released from Govan police station.

London Road tavern outside celtic Park. Walked in to see hundreds of celtic fans on the tables singing IRA songs.. Told my mate just to keep his gob shut and we would have 1 beer and get out. Lad asks us where we are from so we told him Sunderland '' Wait here he says'' and wanders off. Few minutes later the crowd parted in the bar to form a path and we looked at each other and thought '' we are fucked here'' back comes this lad with a bloke behind him who walks up to is and introduces himself as John Hughes (Billy's brother) and buys us a pint. Quick few stories about his only game for us (which I was at) and everyone in the bar was now staring at the 2 English strangers chatting to the manager and hero. Cue loads of mad celtic fans buying us beer and telling us they could get us tickets to any game we wanted. Would have been a shame to tell them we were protestants
Big Yogi

That's the pub I told jack rodwell when he played for Everton that he's not f***ing good enough to play for sunderland

The Rabbits head in Wakefield rough as Fuck one bloke had a huge gorilla in on a rope used to tie the Bismarck up on ,and another fucker had a massive crocodile in a cage with the locals feeding it, two f***ing Hyenas serving behind the bar the bastards weren’t filling the pints up properly we said nowt.

Reactions: JGC
The Tall Cranes in Govan.
Wearing Rangers scarves was naive/foolhardy/stupid but the locals could see we were English idiots and even did their best to get our mate released from Govan police station.

Just looked that up, how’s a Celtic boozer so close to Ibrox survive!?

It was preseason under Reidy when this happened at Burnley. It wasn't the landlord that told us to go either. Mind Burnley was a different club then. Underneath that away end had weeds growing everywhere.

Our visit there was in our most recent Premier League stint, can’t even remember what season, who was manager or what the score was like but there didn’t look to be any other away fans in except us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back