Roughest pub away from home

I was once eating my Sunday dinner at the Stackyard and a coach load of Man City fans appeared and they were all complaining that red wine shouldn’t be served chilled and mint sauce belongs only on a lamb dinner

Jesus that’s pretty upsetting, f***ing troublemakers! Were you ok?

I don’t know it’s name but it was in Swansea and it wasn’t even rough till the locals got wind we were in and decided to have a bottle fight with us.
A few mentioned The Peacock at Leeds. I know some Hartlepool lads who went in there and genuinely didn’t know what they were walking in to. They weren’t hooligans and they put up a good show. Some of it is on you tube.

Did they have the ‘collections for the boys’ back then too?
Not on a Thursday night, only time that happened to me was in a pub in the Gorbels pre an Old Firm game, long story but went in early morning absolutely hanging after a large night, honestly didn’t notice the Ulster buses outside, when me and my mate declined the collection we were told this probably wasn’t the pub for us which we instantly agreed with and we went to the Gallowgate which was tame by comparison.

I do have fond memories of Irish nurses at the Swan though:cool:

Went in the Bentinck Hotel in Nottingham once. It’s next to the station and looked canny. Turned out it’s Forest’s version of The Jacksons. :lol:

Anyone go in the Boleyn while West Ham were there?
Yeah, it was sound.

Northern bastards.

This one, can’t remember who it was against but genuinely scared for my life.
f***ing hell. I would be genuinely scared for my life as well, and I live here. :lol:

Last edited:
We went in a boozer near Man City and it was like an indoor market of stolen goods and baccy.

They could've filmed 'Shameless' in there without employing extras :lol:

The Lenin arms in Vladivostok, mini bus full of us went in there 1969.talk about cold, rough as fuck, mistake to order bottles of double maxim none of us came out alive.

Not a footy pub, but 5 of us went to visit a old mate who moved back to Scotland,small place called Blackburn near Bathgate .went to this pub ‘ the turf ‘ I think, at 11 in the morning,no low windows,could hear it was busy but the sun stopped you seeing anyone. Girl behind bar looks at us,3 lagers and 2 Guinness please I said.pub goes dead ! Whispers of English bastards etc.my arse is going, scared to turn round.shovel of a hand on my shoulder,’big man, you must be Jamie’s mates from Cambridge?’ That’s right I said, ‘ I’m big Brian ,two of you are staying at mine ‘.he says sit down ,no seats , apart from a small table that’s empty ( convicted murderers seat apparently!) I’m still shitting it being 8/10 years younger than the other lads.big Brian turns round to the rest of them and says ‘Jamie’s pals from England ‘. Cue one by one they come over and shake our hands , thank fuck.hardly bought a drink ,who says the Scots are tight! Then the convicted murderer walks in, goes dead again cos were sitting at his table , he stops and stares , then smiles and hugs us! Phew

Got kicked out of a pub with my kids and a few other fans n Oxford. Apparently, we were causing disturbance. The kids were wearing colours but had a hoodie over the top so you couldn't see them. The other fans were in colours but we were sitting in the corner talking, not bothering anyone:neutral:

Got kicked out of a pub with my kids and a few other fans n Oxford. Apparently, we were causing disturbance. The kids were wearing colours but had a hoodie over the top so you couldn't see them. The other fans were in colours but we were sitting in the corner talking, not bothering anyone:neutral:

Inspector Morse likes this post.

Went in the Bentinck Hotel in Nottingham once. It’s next to the station and looked canny. Turned out it’s Forest’s version of The Jacksons. :lol:

Yeah, it was sound.

f***ing hell. I would be genuinely scared for my life as well, and I live here. :lol:
I passed the bentinck loads of times on my commute but never went in. A colleague stayed a night there after a work piss up and it was a dive. It’s closed now.

Edit:,refurbished! I thought that it was just a coffee shop.

The Bentinck Hotel – Comfortable Hotel in Nottingham City Centre

Last edited:

Back