Roughest pub away from home

To be fair I just love that clip.
Normal people enjoying some fun it the World we live in.
If we play you I’m up there dancing around in the middle with my new mates.

Can't see you playing anyone in the NE for awhile Swindon lad. On the pubs subject do you remember the Sir Daniel Arms in Swindon? that was rough, as was the Cock Robin

A Rangers bar called The Louden near Celtic Park. Was in there before we played Celtic in a pre-season friendly about ten years ago..

i used to deliver to a place near celtic park quite regular in the wagon a couple of years ago.
it was mental, you had to drive under one of their stands to get to the factory. anyway, one day they didn't have room for the stuff i had so ended up getting caught out and stayed there the night in the wagon locked in the factory. i decided i fancied a pint so walked to the first pub i came across just over the road from the ground. it was ok with a lot of staring and locals asking questions. seemed to have quite an undercurrent so only had a couple then naffed off.
i'd imagine it to be a bit hairy on a match day.
just had a look and it was called the oak bar and i'd drive up janefield street under the stand.

The Town is rough mate full stop.

Was okay when I lived there, the odd rough pub as you find everywhere , council estate pubs mainly like the one in Penhill, forget its name, Bulldog in Walcot , pubs in Moredon, Covingham, Liden etc. Last time I was in Swindon I noticed it had went downhill a bit though

There were rough pubs, where you might get beat up and rough pubs that just looked rough, full of old jakies with no front teeth and wizened old women , who may cause a nuisance that would possibly lead to a disturbance , but generally if you knew the score and didn't take the piss, would be harmless

The strawberry !! Foolishly went in with my mate on the night of our 1990 play off win ( gates and gabbiadini) after an afternoon on the drink. I went to get my safc scarf out but my mate made sure that didnt happen, and I lived to tell the tale. Not really sure if it is the roughest pub but its certainly a shit hole.

It's not a rough pub no Newcastle lads and very few away regulars get in really .. still best avoided if you're Sunderland I guess :)

Back