Ross Stewart

Hope he gets fit and still has a decent end to his career. Was gutted when he got that second injury last season. Things could have been very different now if he had stayed fit last season. We will never know.

Hope he gets fit and still has a decent end to his career. Was gutted when he got that second injury last season. Things could have been very different now if he had stayed fit last season. We will never know.
When he went off pre game v Boro i thought it was more of a precaution and the lowest grade Hamstring injury. His style suited us perfect at the time. Comes across as a great bloke as well. Good luck to him for getting his big contract but i hope he gets back and on track for him after helping us

When he went off pre game v Boro i thought it was more of a precaution and the lowest grade Hamstring injury. His style suited us perfect at the time. Comes across as a great bloke as well. Good luck to him for getting his big contract but i hope he gets back and on track for him after helping us
Yep I honestly think if we had him for the whole of last season we might have been in a premier league relegation battle now. :lol:

I wonder if Southampton go up if theyd want to send RS out on loan.

Sounds daft considering the money they spunked on him but then hes hardly kicked a ball in the last 2 years, would be difficult for him to get back up to speed in the Prem.

Would be ironic if we loaned him for half a season and paid his wages!
If Southampton go up? I can see a few clubs sniffing around wanting to take him on loan.

Sounds daft considering the money they spunked on him but then hes hardly kicked a ball in the last 2 years, would be difficult for him to get back up to speed in the Prem.

That is not a bad shout.

To date, he has played in 15 Championship games and scored 11 goals. The rest has been League One with us or Scottish Leagues. After the amount of time off and because he will be making the step up, it will be a massive gamble for Southampton to throw him in. They will either ease him in as a sub or loan him out for 6 months to get him match fit.

I can't see us signing more than one striker permanently, so us looking for a loan to add to the ranks is a reasonable thing to assume.

He did love playing for Sunderland, knows the fans will warm to him and support him, and he knows the backroom staff who will be supporting his come back (not sure if that is a good or bad thing!). He might fancy a Scottish club, but if he was looking for an English club, I think he would jump (very carefully) at coming back here and rebuilding his career.

Wonder if his contract includes a pay rise if they get promoted?

That is not a bad shout.

To date, he has played in 15 Championship games and scored 11 goals. The rest has been League One with us or Scottish Leagues. After the amount of time off and because he will be making the step up, it will be a massive gamble for Southampton to throw him in. They will either ease him in as a sub or loan him out for 6 months to get him match fit.

I can't see us signing more than one striker permanently, so us looking for a loan to add to the ranks is a reasonable thing to assume.

He did love playing for Sunderland, knows the fans will warm to him and support him, and he knows the backroom staff who will be supporting his come back (not sure if that is a good or bad thing!). He might fancy a Scottish club, but if he was looking for an English club, I think he would jump (very carefully) at coming back here and rebuilding his career.
Knocking back a contract, only to pick up his second serious injury, was very fortunate for the Club, not us supporters though. If he is done, I'll remember him for exciting me when he scored for us and that Wembley goal.....If only he had been fit and had fitted in with Clarkie, Amad and Paddy, I wonder just how many more he would have scored.

Said it before, wasn't just his goalscoring that made him indispensable. His defensive work from free kicks and corners relieved pressure so many times.

Knocking back a contract, only to pick up his second serious injury, was very fortunate for the Club, not us supporters though. If he is done, I'll remember him for exciting me when he scored for us and that Wembley goal.....If only he had been fit and had fitted in with Clarkie, Amad and Paddy, I wonder just how many more he would have scored.
Stewart was quality ,we dont pay the going rate in term of wages so until we do we wont keep hold of quality for long.....thats the main issue here ......getting a good deal (nowhere near 10 million)is just luck and window dressing to cover over our useless not fit for purpose wage structure.... stewart got us out of league one and i for one wish him well!

We’re all quick to jump on the absolutely shite things we’ve done, especially in the past six months, but let’s give ctedit where it’s due, it ended up being a very good call.

You can argue he should’ve had a contract signed before that Fulham game, but even as a severely injured player, the mantra on here was “give him what he wants”. We’d have been stuck with probably the highest paid player on the books, not kicking a ball & not playing for two years. Our stance will definitely have changed once that injury happened.

Not signing a replacement was the worst decision
Id say it was more of a bad call. (By Southampton)

Back