Ross interview last night on BBC newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very silly comment. It's not the case at all. He is the manager and should be able to find a system to suit the players he has brought in. It's not the fans fault and form since January has been utterly pathetic.

He needs to find a way to get this squad playing. Thats his bloody job.

Poor response from Ross imo. If he doesn’t think that formations are significant then that’s concerning, they clearly are and it’s been proven by the fact he’s already scrapped the 3 at the back. The little dig about being damned if he does or doesn’t was unnecessary too, he self admittedly failed last season and hasn’t done a lot to earn much praise since he’s been here.

Getting slammed two games into the season and you’re surprised he sounds like something’s touched a nerve. Have a word with yourself
Probably a little annoyed that so called supporters are so unsupportive
I'm a bit more concerned how a manager who crows about his own style of play and having the confidence in his teams to outscore others abandons his tactics at the first sign of trouble, cant fit players into his chosen system, publicly states that McGeady is integral to his team yet lays out a formation which in no way suits him, fits McGeady into 'any forward position' rather than play a tactic that shows the best of him.
Has recruited for a system and has set out one which is defensively frail and bypasses our most creative players in midfield, lumping crosses into the box with no-one meeting them due to the height of our Attacking players, yet when needing to make a change in his preferred formation necessitates changing 4 or 5 players into different positions.

I'd argue that after 60 odd games it's down to him to get it right, not for the fans to support his obvious failings, inability to learn from his mistakes and insistence on throwing square pegs into round holes at the expense of our most creative players.

Roker report just tweeted link. Sorry if seb. Said "as Sunderland manager you're damned if you do and damned if you dont" in regards to his team and system selection. Sounded very sour. Nerve touched? Heads gone?
He’s right to be fair, 1 game into the season and people wanted him sacked

I don't think it has to spell the end when you have a go at fans (within reason) but there should be a point made, not just a whinge about he can't do right for doing wrong. Sounds like he's flapping.

Not really Jack. Just play players in their correct positions, a formation they’re familiar with and a little bit of attacking football and you’ll do just fine.

The words of a frustrated man because his genius idea for three at the back hasn’t worked and he’ll clearly have to revert to four at the back.
He tried a different formation it didn’t work great so he changed it, people will just whinge at anything let him get on with managing the team.
If the importance of systems is overegged then why try a system that doesn't suit the players we have?
Formations suit any players , professional players should be able to adapt to any system. People making a big deal he has only played it for a game n and a half

Last edited:
I’m surprised he said it. He’s old enough and appears to be smart enough to realise that whatever he does will draw criticism and approval, especially at a club the size of ours. The fact he thinks it’s worth mentioning is a shock to me. It goes with the territory in footy.

If you play that recording backwards it just says ‘parasites’ on a loop.

Last edited:
He changed the system last night because he realises that it is the better one given the players he has at his disposal. He bottled sticking with 3 at the back because he knew if we got beat he would have received even greater criticism than he has received lately. To speak as petulantly as he did shows he is trying to deflect the blame for our mainly woeful performances away from himself.

He’s certainly got a point with the damned if you do, damned if you don’t comment. He got absolute pelters for changing things on Saturday when it wasn’t working. Managers seem to get stick for not having a plan b but then if they change things they get stick for not knowing their best side/formation. :lol:

The result and performance says that folk may be right saying 442 is best formation for us. If we go and win the league using that formation then i'll be over the moon as im sure all fans and the manager would be.

To say a system doesnt inpact the game much is crazy because it dictates the number of defenders on the pitch, wingers , strikers etc so ofcourse the systems impact on the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back