Ross explains why he made Leadbitter captain.

I'd argue (along with a fair few others on here) that McGeouch was one of it not the best player we had on Saturday and him and Dobson are first choice CM for now.

Leadbitter can be club captain, but on the pitch should be someone else. There are too many CMs and he doesn't stand out enough to warrant being first choice among them.
This.

Another strange decision from Ross.

Why Schmecail wasn't a bad one

Honeyman got criticised last season for not opening his mouth and organising the team. I didn't see McLaughlin one say one word to anyone to change that. Plus when all the Oxford time wasting was going on how could he influence the ref when he's stuck in goal..

It would be interesting to know what the difference in cost is to paying Cattermole off and keeping him but not signing Leadbitter. He was the only natural captain at the club and also our best CM last season.

I'd have him in the team every week me like. For a start he's the only one who can take a set piece

I know that's the general consensus on here but I didn't see that last season. In my opinion a good set piece is whipped in at pace. Grant's came down with snow on them. Beating the first man (granted we struggled with that pre-Leadbitter) doesn't mean its automatically a good set piece delivery.

I know that's the general consensus on here but I didn't see that last season. In my opinion a good set piece is whipped in at pace. Grant's came down with snow on them. Beating the first man (granted we struggled with that pre-Leadbitter) doesn't mean its automatically a good set piece delivery.

You must not have been watching then, his corners last season were excellent.

He's still a decent player at this level. For example he was excellent during the 1st half of the Check a Trade final. He needs pace along side him. Dobson has power and pace by the looks.

He's still a decent player at this level. For example he was excellent during the 1st half of the Check a Trade final. He needs pace along side him. Dobson has power and pace by the looks.
Agree he was very good 1st half in the CT final. Can you name another game where he stood out? I can't...he's finished imo.

Ross should be giving McGeouch and Dobson time to form a partnership in CM, if he changes it at the weekend just to shoehorn Leadbitter in then What little patience I have for Ross will be wearing very thin.

Exactly this. I know it’s a long season and plenty of games ahead but let’s give Dobson and McGeouch a bit of time. Leadbitter should be a regular sub and only called upon from the bench or starting to cover injuries.

Can't see it anywhere but apologies if it has been posted.

Not doubting Grant's love of the club but my initial reaction was does that mean he will be starting games. After pre season I didn't want to see him paired with McGeouch again and after McGeouch's performance on Saturday I'd argue he's first choice for that position now. Jack however reckons Grant will "play a lot of games for us"

Despite what many on here think perhaps JR has learnt from last season and realises that the club captain doesn’t have to play every game.

Can't see it anywhere but apologies if it has been posted.

Not doubting Grant's love of the club but my initial reaction was does that mean he will be starting games. After pre season I didn't want to see him paired with McGeouch again and after McGeouch's performance on Saturday I'd argue he's first choice for that position now. Jack however reckons Grant will "play a lot of games for us"

Ross said the other day Leadbitter will be playing.

Back