Ross explains why he made Leadbitter captain.

Then why say he'll "play lots of games"

I guess its his definition of what a lot of games is. Every cup game this season will be at least 10 I bet... so that plus the 10 or so league games to cover injuries, suspensions, rest for midweek fixtures will be another 10. So 20 games is a lot.

I guess its his definition of what a lot of games is. Every cup game this season will be at least 10 I bet... so that plus the 10 or so league games to cover injuries, suspensions, rest for midweek fixtures will be another 10. So 20 games is a lot.

Somehow I don't think that will be JR's interpretation of "lots of games" I'm hoping it's a straight fight between him and McGeouch for the defensive CM slot but I've got a suspicion the next two league games will see them both start.

GL has only played in the EPL and L1 over the last 15 or so years. He might be slow but his quality should be there for all to see. He's certainly good enough for L2.

But Ross won't be manager come international break ;)

Wed need a sustained poor run for him to go imo and the fact is that in this league we'll always get results. I think he'll be here till December at least.
GL has only played in the EPL and L1 over the last 15 or so years. He might be slow but his quality should be there for all to see. He's certainly good enough for L2.

Freudian slip? :lol:

Somehow I don't think that will be JR's interpretation of "lots of games" I'm hoping it's a straight fight between him and McGeouch for the defensive CM slot but I've got a suspicion the next two league games will see them both start.
Pairing those 2 together would show him up for what he is in football management

End of the day we scored off several of his corners so they can't have been that bad. I would say his delivery was generally good.

All about opinions mate. I thought they had too much loft on them and his overall distribution wasn't as good as I was expecting from a player who'd always played at a higher level. The same argument could be made for Loovens. I remember him as a very good passer of the ball and a cultured defender. Unfortunately time always catches up with you and we handed contracts totalling four and a half years at those two.

All about opinions mate. I thought they had too much loft on them and his overall distribution wasn't as good as I was expecting from a player who'd always played at a higher level. The same argument could be made for Loovens. I remember him as a very good passer of the ball and a cultured defender. Unfortunately time always catches up with you and we handed contracts totalling four and a half years at those two.

Loovens is both of those things. However, he can't tackle, run or defend.

He's 36 next month which is 2 and a half years older than Grant.

They were though, we actually starting scoring from corners when he came in and started taking them

That doesn't mean they were generally good corners though. Any corner that gets over the first man can end up in the back of the net but given the trajectory of them it was good luck more than good design imo, but I agree they were an improvement on the absolute shite that preceded them.

Regardless it shouldn't be the goalkeeper
Normally I d agree. He’s the only guaranteed starter at the moment. Ross fucked up massively last year giving it to Honeyman. He’s done the same again this year. He isn’t learning from last seasons fuck ups.

Back