Ross explains why he made Leadbitter captain.

Lord Alfred

Striker
Can't see it anywhere but apologies if it has been posted.

Not doubting Grant's love of the club but my initial reaction was does that mean he will be starting games. After pre season I didn't want to see him paired with McGeouch again and after McGeouch's performance on Saturday I'd argue he's first choice for that position now. Jack however reckons Grant will "play a lot of games for us"

I'd argue (along with a fair few others on here) that McGeouch was one of it not the best player we had on Saturday and him and Dobson are first choice CM for now.

Leadbitter can be club captain, but on the pitch should be someone else. There are too many CMs and he doesn't stand out enough to warrant being first choice among them.

I'd argue (along with a fair few others on here) that McGeouch was one of it not the best player we had on Saturday and him and Dobson are first choice CM for now.

Leadbitter can be club captain, but on the pitch should be someone else. There are too many CMs and he doesn't stand out enough to warrant being first choice among them.

I'd agree but Ross says he'll play plenty of games. I just hope it's not in tandem with McGeouch.

Are we going to play the same 11 players all season like? 50+ games? We've got a strong squad of players, they'll all play.

There's a difference between having a squad and making a squad player captain....unless he's not seen as a squad player, which suggests the Leadbitter/McGeouch axis hasn't been put to bed yet.
He shouldn't be a regular starter, he's too slow and offers too little. The fact we gave him a 2 and a half year deal was poor business, he's barely adequate now.

You'd think the Loovens contract would have prompted someone to think twice there.

Last edited:
Potentially putting himself in the exact same position as last year where he is playing his captain over other players who would be better suited / more deserving.

Seems a bit crazy that he's came out and sort of doubled down on it all as well.

He's a good club captain. Not a great team captain. We've done that in the past with players like Bally being club captain when he was not likely to start

Potentially putting himself in the exact same position as last year where he is playing his captain over other players who would be better suited / more deserving.

Seems a bit crazy that he's came out and sort of doubled down on it all as well.
:lol:
Was just thinking the same - it's like he wants to keep making contrary decisions. Still, time will tell and I've got nowt against Grant - he's just got no pace

Ross should be giving McGeouch and Dobson time to form a partnership in CM, if he changes it at the weekend just to shoehorn Leadbitter in then What little patience I have for Ross will be wearing very thin.

Back