Ronnie O’Sullivan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oxford English dictionary has this to say.

An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

‘team sports such as soccer and rugby’

mass noun ‘I used to play a lot of sport’
‘at a sports centre'

In what way does snooker and darts physically exert you.

Well i get tired walking that massive distance for the oche to get my darts out and the exertion of throying my heavy 12 gram darts

not at all. I think the question was on the most talent there has been.

Jimmy making six consecutive world championship finals is worthy of my top five for talent.

As I said statistics show different but I gave what I thought on pure talent alone.
He bottled everyone. Basically didn’t have the state of mind required to be a top top player. People like Davis, hendry, O’Sullivan simply don’t let the pressure affect them. That’s part of what makes them so amazing. White was there sweating like a pregnant nun.

He bottled everyone. Basically didn’t have the state of mind required to be a top top player. People like Davis, hendry, O’Sullivan simply don’t let the pressure affect them. That’s part of what makes them so amazing. White was there sweating like a pregnant nun.
In your opinion. Who are your top ten?

By the way bottler Jimmy getting to six consecutive finals is not the sign of a bottler

The question was on TALENT, as I said statistically there are better, I gave a list on what I believe was TALENT

Sorry but he’s too much of a druggy arse hole for me to give any praise to

ah so its high morals at work. I see.

Alex Higgins was not a druggy but usually played at massive alcohol levels most of us would think of as "drunk".

Is he not in your top 10 list either?

Re Jimmy White if you get the chance, get a copy of his book, Second Wind

The story about a dead relative is fantastic and absolutely hilarious.

White v Higgins 82 semi final, what a game...higgin 14 -15 down on race to 16.

Forward to 7mins 30 for a break of sheer bottle, balls of f***ing steel...and the blue.:cool:

Dutch courage, but it worked for him as with that canadian fella Bill Werberniuk.

Little bit more to it than that Marra, it was his nature, his personality and simply how he played the game...pissed or no pissed..

No doubt he was one of a kind, but as for balls of steel, would he have held himself together without the booze ?

Aye....but ultimately irrelevant.

He went for The shots and that’s what I loved....he could have 2kg of heroin stuffed up his jacksy for all I care.

Whatever floats yer boat.
The relevance is would he have balls of steel as you describe them, if he’d been stone cold sober ?

White v Higgins 82 semi final, what a game...higgin 14 -15 down on race to 16.

Forward to 7mins 30 for a break of sheer bottle, balls of f***ing steel...and the blue.:cool:

Just watched it all again as if it were the first time.

Great stuff. Ol enemy John Spencer rooting for Alex in the commentary box also. Glory days of snooker. Hell of an opener from Jimmy on the balk cushion too.

I wonder if young Jimmy had of got past Alex would he have beaten ol codger dracula Ray Reardon in the final?

Whatever floats yer boat.
The relevance is would he have balls of steel as you describe them, if he’d been stone cold sober ?

Are you having a laugh man. Higgins had bottle and sheer natural talent, if his life was not a disaster and he was permanently boozing and womanizing and playing drunk he'd have won many more World titles than just the two he did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back