Rolling monthly discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new format isn't working is it?

If stuff is too complicated, people won't bother. I have learned this the hard way, managing projects and staff over the last 10 years.

Same for this month's challenge as the competition format in general.

There are too many threads and too many competitions running at once, the casual photographer will not know what the fuck is going on.

By all means let's have technical challenges but keep it to the photo board.

The monthly competition should be set monthly and open ended enough to attract casual photographers, not just us geeks.

IMO like.

There is only one thread open smoker - and that is February discussion thread!! :lol:
I do agree that this month's theme is a bit removed from photography - but I've let it stand because the new format stated that oROSSO could choose a theme - and he did.

March and April's themes are easy and broad enough to accommodate all abilities/interests/equipment.

It was down to the mods re the gallery for posting entries - but as I've posted links to the gallery I can't see that that is too difficult ??

I don't mind altering things but a few wanted a broader window for taking pictures. I'll let it run a bit longer (maybe to June?) and then see what the feedback is maybe?

Too many threads

Have one rolling discussion thread would remove a lot of them

And allow me to take the piss by saying rodge will be along in a minute to say there's no rain in Liverpool

There is only one open thread currently - how is that too many?:confused:

You know what I mean. There's competitions we may want to comment on but the threads are locked[DOUBLEPOST=1392490629][/DOUBLEPOST]What's the point of locking the threads anyway?

Let entries for the themes be allowed as soon as they go up, and the month is just a guide to the end date

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what I mean. There's competitions we may want to comment on but the threads are locked
I'm puzzled ish. You don't want lots of threads but complain that the others are locked.

You can comment on anything in the February discussion thread. If you want to refer back to old months or future month's you can just use February's thread. The old threads are locked just to keep everything up at the top of the board ie themes, voting for the first week of the month etc.

So do you want old threads unlocked and have lots of threads running? What ICBYD or are you just being your usual annoying self! (meant nicely of course! :p)

I'm puzzled ish. You don't want lots of threads but complain that the others are locked.

You can comment on anything in the February discussion thread. If you want to refer back to old months or future month's you can just use February's thread. The old threads are locked just to keep everything up at the top of the board ie themes, voting for the first week of the month etc.

So do you want old threads unlocked and have lots of threads running? What ICBYD or are you just being your usual annoying self! (meant nicely of course! :p)

Old threads locked is fine

But we have new threads that are locked :lol:

So get rid of either the threads, or the locking

Spotting them is within your capabilities :lol:
You and smoker said "too many threads" - all relevant ones are open! (The March one got closed as there was already a discussion thread open - I'll get a mod to open it again in March!)

If you "discuss" the comps , just use February - one thread, one discussion - simple.

As an aside - we could just have a "discussion thread" without a* MONTH* added to it and just let it run. Would this satisfy you and smoker, and anybody else of course!

How many locked threads do you expect people to open in search of an open competition?

First law of anything, keep it simple or people won't bother.

You can argue the toss if you like but if a professional photographer thinks its too complicated to bother his arse, you can reasonably assume a casual snapper will be thinking the same.

You and smoker said "too many threads" - all relevant ones are open! (The March one got closed as there was already a discussion thread open - I'll get a mod to open it again in March!)

If you "discuss" the comps , just use February - one thread, one discussion - simple.

As an aside - we could just have a "discussion thread" without a* MONTH* added to it and just let it run. Would this satisfy you and smoker, and anybody else of course!
Yep, that's the idea I had weeks ago ;)

Certainly removes 1 thread per month in the mess of a board[DOUBLEPOST=1392496106][/DOUBLEPOST]I've started it :cool:

All posts except votes and entries in here please folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back