Rolex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great investment if you get the right models.
My GMT Master 2 that I bought in 2008, I paid £3600 for it. 12 years later it’s valued at 11k because the model is discontinued.
I wouldn’t of made that sort of money keeping the cash in the bank.
However you don’t really lose on a Rolex.
If you can afford it indulge. You have one life and it’s short.

My GMT Master 2 that I bought in 2008, I paid £3600 for it. 12 years later it’s valued at 11k because the model is discontinued.
Noticed my omega is going for £500 more than I paid for it 8 years ago.

After deciding not to buy a Tudor watch previously (some of you may remember the thread I posted), I have decided to treat myself to a Rolex this year. I’m looking to buy a Datejust 41 in this exact design:

Logon or register to see this image

I’ll be putting down around 30% deposit but will finance the rest. I’ve been in to a see Goldsmith’s, but does anyone know or had experience with somewhere else who’s provided excellent service/decent finance %, etc?
It’s just a watch.

Stainless one? Probably my favourite sport model. Going for 8-9k at the moment for ceramic ones.

Stainless one? Probably my favourite sport model. Going for 8-9k at the moment for ceramic ones.
Aye stainless steel with black face and bezel. Looks as good now as it did 12 years ago.
I’ve got a submariner and date just but prefer the GMT knowing it’s discontinued now

Aye stainless steel with black face and bezel. Looks as good now as it did 12 years ago.
I’ve got a submariner and date just but prefer the GMT knowing it’s discontinued now

Yeah agree mate. Got the same one as my most commonly worn. They hold any wear and tear very well.

The polished links are the main reason I prefer it over the Sub. Second hour hand looks better too :cool:

My mate got mugged with a pistol for his Rolex.

You know what mate, I walked over to work from Waterloo last week as I had to nip in for a day. My usual route too. The amount of wranguns mounching about shocked me. f***ing pot heads and the like, and groups of youngin's. First time in a long time I felt I had to be a bit more alert. Not many people about.

Thought you were a Longines man?
I've got a longines. Don't wear it. It's in the safe and hasn't been out on 4 years. Got a Samsung watch that tells me when I have WhatsApp messages. Bloomberg messages. When to have a glass of water. When I have a call etc.
You know what mate, I walked over to work from Waterloo last week as I had to nip in for a day. My usual route too. The amount of wranguns mounching about shocked me. f***ing pot heads and the like, and groups of youngin's. First time in a long time I felt I had to be a bit more alert. Not many people about.
Two scooters with black lads riding pillion on both went down our road on Friday. Tell tale sign that.

To be fair, it may save his life in That London when bartering with feral gangs of armed youths.
What will the value of a Rolex be in a post-Covid London without rule of law ?

Hardly a Level 99 "Magic Bracelet of Ultimate Power" anymore, is it ?

If you can't eat it, hunt with it, fight with it or use it to make a fire, it is just more waste metal junk littering the apocalyptic landscape.

I've got a longines. Don't wear it. It's in the safe and hasn't been out on 4 years. Got a Samsung watch that tells me when I have WhatsApp messages. Bloomberg messages. When to have a glass of water. When I have a call etc.

Two scooters with black lads riding pillion on both went down our road on Friday. Tell tale sign that.

There were group of lads with a moped hanging about under one of the arches under Waterloo East station. That really made me take note as I walked past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back