Rolex

I paid 7 euros for a fake TAG in Lanzarote and it stopped working on the plane home.

We were in Puerto Banus years ago on a corporate jollie , a bloke in our group bought a snide Rolex from your stereotypical beach seller , within ten minutes the hands had fallen off the watch , much to everyones amusement. He collared the lad when he walked past about half an hour later , he then denied it was him and ended up taking the damaged one back in part exchange , it was a master piece of selling.

Some of the fakes are bloody good mind. A lad I know paid a couple hundred quid for a fake TAG grand carrera in Dubai and the quality is unbelievable.
Some of the top end ones are hard to tell even by a jeweller unless they have the same watch side by side, was watching a good article about it the other week as was looking into the grey market but I just think its too risky.

Some of the fakes are bloody good mind. A lad I know paid a couple hundred quid for a fake TAG grand carrera in Dubai and the quality is unbelievable.
Mate's fatha bought a mint fake - Turkey or Dubai or somewhere like that - and took it into a proper dealers for a laugh. Acknowledged how good it was but knew straight away.

I'm sure he told me he'd bought a couple, and ended up flogging them on to fund a proper un. Or summit like that.

I took a pic and sent it to my mate, he is quite a shrewd investor 😉

He'll be swerving that then! :lol:

Got a 2017 for £10k and sold straight on for £12k few months back. A trader I know paid £12k for a 2018 the other day while I was with him. £14.5k for a 2012 is a bump, but in an area like that I'm not surprised. Plenty of rich people, fairly low amount of local competition etc

After deciding not to buy a Tudor watch previously (some of you may remember the thread I posted), I have decided to treat myself to a Rolex this year. I’m looking to buy a Datejust 41 in this exact design:

Logon or register to see this image

I’ll be putting down around 30% deposit but will finance the rest. I’ve been in to a see Goldsmith’s, but does anyone know or had experience with somewhere else who’s provided excellent service/decent finance %, etc?
Did you buy Rolex?

Back