Rolex Watches

Tbh both my proper watches sit in a winder everyday. The superocean and an IWC Portuguese automatic. I wear a garmin running watch everyday!

Would probably get rid of the iwc but it’s dropped it value terribly but I bought it cause I’ve always loved them

I bought an Apple Watch for everyday purpose like (Running, Cycling etc) and the battery is dog wank. The only good thing about it, is the fact I don’t need to take my phone everywhere now.

I have a tag 1500 had it for 25 years , great watch still looks good and I wear it most days. Was going to get a Monaco when I retired but cannot justify £3000+ on another watch.

Fucks that
I can imagine.
Every painter and decorator in London back in the 80s had a “Rolex”at work and they had the balls to dig out whatever I had on for a building site at the time!
Aye, like I said it’s my favourite of the three. I was thinking about an Omega Seamaster but they’re like dog shit these days.
Get a vintage one. Even better get one at the trough of a recession.

Last edited:
I can imagine.
Every painter and decorator in London back in the 80s had a “Rolex”at work and they had the balls to dig out whatever I had on at the time!

Get a vintage one. Even better get one at the trough of a recession.

Is the vintage one with the leather strap as standard? Seen one in a magazine I think, looked quite tasteful to be fair.

Is the vintage one with the leather strap as standard? Seen one in a magazine I think, looked quite tasteful to be fair.
There’s hundreds of models i think. I’m always checkin em on eBay and the variety’s mind boggling. I’ve been looking for a Birthday year leather strap omega for ages but the reet ones not popped up yet. I’ll know it when I see it.......then probably bottle the price!

There’s a Ukrainian feller on eBay who converts pocket watches to wristwatches. Omega and Ro.ex etc, they look amazing. Real one offs. Have a look.

Last edited:
Would absolutely love a Daytona, but no chance I could afford one at this point, coming in at over £15k, so will likely buy an old Omega Speedmaster Date, depending on condition and age, could pick up a good looking one for just over £2k.

Have a very similar look.

As my old dad used to say to me " how much did you pay for that watch son ? "....me "£600 dad "

Dad " see this Sekonda son, I paid £25 for it......what time is it on your watch ? "

Me " 3.30 dad "

Dad " same time as on mine !! "

OK.....£600 isn't in the Rolex class but you get where he was coming from.

I looked at an Air King but ended up with a Tudor Pelagos instead, I preferred it but there isn't much in it - they use the same case as the Rolex, I believe.

I've treated it like shit too, worra knacker, it needs a new bracelet as it is heavily scratched, probably to the point that it's not worth polishing out. :neutral:

It’s a watch for life can be worn daily as they are pretty bomb proof and still look brand new and never lose value you will easily get back what you paid for it in the 2nd hand market or its something to pass down to ur kids when you pop your clogs
Lot of people spend couple hundred every few year on run of mill watches so over 20 years have probably spent much more than you would pay for Rolex but only have a drawer full of crap watches they never wear

Their value tanks, making them a poor investment imo.

As my old dad used to say to me " how much did you pay for that watch son ? "....me "£600 dad "

Dad " see this Sekonda son, I paid £25 for it......what time is it on your watch ? "

Me " 3.30 dad "

Aaah but did he sell the Sekonda later for what he paid for it or a profit?

BTW I don’t know if watches will be as much of a lasting investment in the future as fewer kids seem to wear one because the time is on their phones. Plus they need a bigger % of their wealth to attempt putting a roof ower the heads than my generation ever did. Though I suppose the flash bastard gene is instilled deep in the human genome.

Last edited:
In fairness my Planet Ocean Professional is shockingly inaccurate but my Speedmaster Broad Arrow GMT rarely loses a second. Look at me etc.
The power reserve on my PO is crap I find.

Me " 3.30 dad "

Not really. A 3 bed house in Benwell will do the same as a 3 bed house in Ashbrook. I know what I'd prefer.

Last edited:
Dinnit care about investments big lad. If I like something and I can afford it - I buy it. I wouldn't go into debt, but that is a different thread.

I just don't see the sense in buying Hublot that will tank in value, when the right Rolex goes up is all mate.

I part exchanged my last watch for my current one and due to do the same with this one around July time & I haven't taken a loss aside from the additional difference paid :D

Are these a classic watch or mark of geordie shore type?
Lad at work has one and must say its nothing that impressive for £3000 he paid for it
I'll never get the people who pay £3000 for a watch. Most i've paid is £160 for an Eco Drive Red Arrows watch, which is superb. Complete waste of money imho and i'd be terrified to wear it.

Their value tanks, making them a poor investment imo.

Never bought it for an investment mate purely because it’s a watch that will last a long time and they always look good no matter how old
The fact they don’t lose value is a bonus
I paid 3k for a watch 10 years ago the watch is now 6k to buy new or they sell for around 4.5k 2nd hand
I will never sell just pass it onto my son

Back