Rolex Watches

Certain models of Rolex for example the demand will exceed the manufacturers production, so the second hand price will end up higher to skip the waiting list. Certain models will be discontinued etc. Just over a year ago I was in a watch dealers not long after the chocolate face Skydweller was discontinued - they had frozen their stock for a few days and think it went up by £8k

Last year Rolex also announced an average price increase of 5%.
When I say investment I mean simply that I'm putting my money in to something that shouldn't depreciate. A rarity when it comes to 'luxury' items that people spend their money on
Cheers for the replies. I can understand that some models will be demand outstripping supply for the reasons you mention above but I was slightly baffled why certain models being regularly mentioned (even just on here) would gain in value when it looks like they're easy enough to get hold of. It does seem to buck the trend for depreciation in luxury items (although jewellery might also be an exception). I suppose by constantly bring out limited runs then it becomes a sort of 'bubble' where things become 'must have' just because (something the record industry clicked on to and then overdid).

Interesting stuff.

Got a Rolex submariner in December, was on a years waiting list, love it and could easily make £2k profit if I sold it now. Although will keep it, on waiting list with 2 other jewelers so may buy and sell them when the time comes

Bought a Jacob & co second hand years ago after a few too many. Still £23k to buy new but used value is crap so won't really see any return. Would look good on a premiere league footballer.
Also have a Rolex root beer that's going up in value but for me I will leave buying watches alone and keep window shopping every time i go to the metro centre.

Aye, but phones and laptops do lots of stuff, other than tell the time. If you work on a laptop 8 hours a day, buying a decent one is a good idea. How many times do you look at your watch?

That is a fair point, never thought of it that way.

Back