Roker Report ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, they were obviously told by someone from the club it was a broken foot.

No idea what your point is mate. The subject of the thread is Roker Report getting fed info from inside the club which they have denied. They were the ones who announced Gooch's injury first which suggests that they are definitely getting info from inside the club.

No idea what your point is mate. The subject of the thread is Roker Report getting fed info from inside the club which they have denied. They were the ones who announced Gooch's injury first which suggests that they are definitely getting info from inside the club.
Yes, but it was duff info wasn't it? He hasn't broke his foot has he? Only out for 4 weeks Parky said.

They haven't denied it have they? He's said they get team news for example. God only knows what sort of moronic football club leaks line ups ahead of a match to a fanzine mind

I just don't understand how people think that even works. Do they think the club come running to us asking to write a load of misleading shite and we lap it up?

There are about 40 contributors at Roker Report, Rat is welcome to ask any of them if they have ever been instructed to write something on behalf of the club by either me or 'the club'.

We're just fans with a wide range of opinions. That's literally it.
Exactly this. As a RR contributor I can confirm thats how it works. There is no editorial control whatsoever - other than correcting my bad grammar - and replacing comma’s with dashes - thats it.
The views are entirely those of the contributors - a bit like on here. There is no “getting in bed with the owners” and never has been. Yes in the early days there were the pods, which were very well received by the majority. Cleary people had questions, doubts but there was some hope - at that time. The owners back then were news and they used RR and WMS to speak to the fans rather that the traditional media.
That was seen as a good thing. Why is it now so criticised?
We all know it unravelled and RR were critical in follow up pods.
I have personally written negative things about the ownership and taken on line critcism for it. That just reflects the strength of feeling.
As has been said many times before it is a range of views from Sunderland fans from all over the place, some are young, some middle aged and some a bit older. You will agree with some of it and disagree with others . But there is no agenda one way or the other. If there was there would be very few people contributing, I can tell you that.

Exactly this. As a RR contributor I can confirm thats how it works. There is no editorial control whatsoever - other than correcting my bad grammar - and replacing comma’s with dashes - thats it.
The views are entirely those of the contributors - a bit like on here. There is no “getting in bed with the owners” and never has been. Yes in the early days there were the pods, which were very well received by the majority. Cleary people had questions, doubts but there was some hope - at that time. The owners back then were news and they used RR and WMS to speak to the fans rather that the traditional media.
That was seen as a good thing. Why is it now so criticised?
We all know it unravelled and RR were critical in follow up pods.
I have personally written negative things about the ownership and taken on line critcism for it. That just reflects the strength of feeling.
As has been said many times before it is a range of views from Sunderland fans from all over the place, some are young, some middle aged and some a bit older. You will agree with some of it and disagree with others . But there is no agenda one way or the other. If there was there would be very few people contributing, I can tell you that.

They didn’t use us to speak to the fans. We did a few things but nothing consistently substantial to suggest we were a feeder outlet for club information.

Yeah but they said he had broken his foot? When it clearly isn't?

Sorry mate, I don't understand where you're coming from. Lynden Gooch is injured. The first report of that being a thing was by Roker Report. It was actually a thing.

Do you think that they guessed he was injured?

The lad that used to do the player ratings for them must have either never watched the games or been on a wind up. Clueless about Football

They didn’t use us to speak to the fans. We did a few things but nothing consistently substantial to suggest we were a feeder outlet for club information.
They appeared on WMS pod and talkins and stuff as well as RR pods. That was my point. They appearred on the pods to speak to the fans. That was seen as a good thing at the time. I was just trying to add balance to this thread and prevent a rewrite of history.

They haven't denied it have they? He's said they get team news for example. God only knows what sort of moronic football club leaks line ups ahead of a match to a fanzine mind

@Cack Stottie denied getting info from specifically the owners before I made this post but then has admitted that they do get fed bits of info from various sources who aren't the owner.

I may be in the minority but I don't want fanzines reporting on injuries or conducting interviews with owners, that's what's things like the Echo is for. I want fanzines to comment objectively on things from a fans perspective.

@Cack Stottie denied getting info from specifically the owners before I made this post but then has admitted that they do get fed bits of info from various sources who aren't the owner.

I may be in the minority but I don't want fanzines reporting on injuries or conducting interviews with owners, that's what's things like the Echo is for. I want fanzines to comment objectively on things from a fans perspective.

Which I believe we do. If you don’t want to read something about injuries then that’s absolutely fine, you don’t have to read it. Other people find that stuff interesting. I think we do a solid job of covering all bases! :)

Sorry mate, I don't understand where you're coming from. Lynden Gooch is injured. The first report of that being a thing was by Roker Report. It was actually a thing.

Do you think that they guessed he was injured?
They broke it as an exclusive that Gooch had broke his foot. Obviously fed from the club, now that's a canny length time out and supporters were canny gutted. Next day Parkinson says he out for 3-4 weeks. Big difference, was a bit sensationalised that's all.

Which I believe we do. If you don’t want to read something about injuries then that’s absolutely fine, you don’t have to read it. Other people find that stuff interesting. I think we do a solid job of covering all bases! :)

I don't read it. I originally started commenting when I read your posts saying you didn't get fed information when from the Gooch injury thing it was clear you do. Which you have since confirmed. Albeit not from the owners.

I think you have to take a step back and look at what fanzines were originally about. And it wasn't reporting that a player was injured.

I don't read it. I originally started commenting when I read your posts saying you didn't get fed information when from the Gooch injury thing it was clear you do. Which you have since confirmed. Albeit not from the owners.

I think you have to take a step back and look at what fanzines were originally about. And it wasn't reporting that a player was injured.

We aren’t following a blueprint, we let the lads and lasses write about whatever they want, and that includes if they get snippets of information on things fans might want to hear about.

We aren’t following a blueprint, we let the lads and lasses write about whatever they want, and that includes if they get snippets of information on things fans might want to hear about.

Fair enough mate. But when you do release things that the club haven't released you can't get arsey when people start thinking that you're in contact with people within the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back