Roker Rapport Podcast: With Sunderland AFC owner Stewart Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know but Donald said they want to avoid these players going into their last year
To do that you need to go back in time and rewrite their original contract

You can't just rock up and ask them to extend their current contact because they're playing well this season

3 questions about future strips -
1) If next season's has already been chosen, can we have a peek at it or know the colours/design (especially for the away strip)?
2) Will supporters be able to vote for the design of the away kit for the season after next?
3) Has a new contract been signed with a different kit manufacturer/if so, which one?

My suggestion didn't get a voice last time so I'm going to persist. Any chance of WIFI in the SOL (or whatever it's called by then).

Maybe free for season ticket holders, a quid a pop for others... free advertising anyway for companies and homepage could be team sheets, latest scores or something productive (or betting odds on next scorer etc - easy this marketing stuff)

3 questions about future strips -
1) If next season's has already been chosen, can we have a peek at it or know the colours/design (especially for the away strip)?
2) Will supporters be able to vote for the design of the away kit for the season after next?
3) Has a new contract been signed with a different kit manufacturer/if so, which one?
1, No
2, No
3, No

Hi Stewart, were you suprised at just how many MLF's there are living in France?
with UK debit cards?
:lol:

Last edited:
Will the war chest for next season be opened as it was hinted this season that JR wasn't owa fussed on spending loads etc. I understand it isn't about who spends the most down here but we were lacking in key positions before January and I still think we are now. I. e defence.

Having just listened to the podcast with Clegg on RR, it’d be good to hear the owner’s version of events on his and other backroom staff’s dismissal. Seems to have been dealt with fairly poorly. Think Clegg said he got a phone call whilst he was on his honeymoon

I'm not involved but does the second paragraph not answer the question?
I guess worthy causes they are but not really what it was set up for.
I think the original point was about the naming of the stadium, just got me thinking they don't seem to have engaged on anything for quite a while. As I said it's probably not required as much in the current climate but would be interesting to know what they think their role is and if it has changed.

Can we get the old badge back ? Can the next away kit be based on the Rowell 78 kit, ie must have red n white involved down the sleeves , on the cuffs and collar. White shorts with Blue socks inc red n white trim ?
Finally, we MUST have Pretty Vacant as the walk out music (that's a statement not a request). Its rebel rousing and sounded fantastic at Rochdale. If them up the road can nick Blitzkrieg Bop, we can at least match it.
I would die happy if they chose Pretty Vacant.

And extend the opening on a loop, with the guitars coming in when they actually appear....

Last edited:
Will the war chest for next season be opened as it was hinted this season that JR wasn't owa fussed on spending loads etc. I understand it isn't about who spends the most down here but we were lacking in key positions before January and I still think we are now. I. e defence.
well we are lacking in defence
Any sell on fees what so ever for any players sold under the previous regime?
with the pile of shite we have i cant imagine many were sold on for a profit marra!

And extend the opening on a loop, with the guitars coming in when they actually appear....
As much as I like invaders must die.
This would be class

I guess worthy causes they are but not really what it was set up for.
I think the original point was about the naming of the stadium, just got me thinking they don't seem to have engaged on anything for quite a while. As I said it's probably not required as much in the current climate but would be interesting to know what they think their role is and if it has changed.
I'd imagine that if the club have approached RAWA re: the stadium name change, they'd have relayed the information and cast some kind of opinion poll.
Can't say for certain, though

Last edited:
What has happened to RAWA? Not seen any form of engagement from them for ages, I suppose maybe it's less required with far more open ownership.

Seem to be involved in flags and food banks nowadays.
Haven't you just replied to an RAWA engagement thread started by our rep?

Can he ban bells from the SOL before the Portsmouth game. Just arrest anyone seen with one.
Bit harsh on Hank's friends.

Having just listened to the podcast with Clegg on RR, it’d be good to hear the owner’s version of events on his and other backroom staff’s dismissal. Seems to have been dealt with fairly poorly. Think Clegg said he got a phone call whilst he was on his honeymoon
well how else do you do it? wait until he comes back-when he is on a high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back