Roker Rapport Podcast: With Stewart Donald (Tues 28th May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sanctioned it. SD I hoped would have had the sense or balls to say this isn't good for the club and nip it in the bud. But as @The Cabbage said fan pressure forced his hand, and we all know Stewart doesn't want to upset the fans, which ultimately will be his downfall.
i dont think an owner should over rule a managers choice of player and a dofs decision on a fee..AD is supposed to know less about football thnan the manger he appointed and the football adviser he appointed..

Not sure TC will be able to find all of that at Wigan, mind.
wigan achieved something safc didnt..they got out of this league..
onien has been a good signing..lets have more like him..

I’ve heard this morning that a lot of our academy players are being offered contracts elsewhere, maybe ask him about the situation with youth players

I would ask him if he agreed that Ross's caution has cost us and does he think that Ross can turn the squad round into one acting like favourites? Going into a play off finals with 3 holding midfielders takes the wind out of everyone's sales. To get promotion we need to act like we believe we are the best and blow everyone away - can Ross do this?

I’ve heard this morning that a lot of our academy players are being offered contracts elsewhere, maybe ask him about the situation with youth players

This absolutely needs clearing up.

Have we changed our stance on youth development being central to the clubs success?

Have we implicitly or explicitly let other academy coaches and directors know that we will be receptive to children leaving for the compensation payments?

When approached how many have we rebuffed and do we actively encourage the children to leave to facilitate the compensation payment?

Have we changed our stance on youth development being central to the clubs success?

Have we implicitly or explicitly let other academy coaches and directors know that we will be receptive to children leaving for the compensation payments?

When approached how many have we rebuffed and do we actively encourage the children to leave to facilitate the compensation payment?
It's the biggest issue at the club imo. We need to start producing players. We seem a million miles away from doing it. I also think Ballys role needs clarifying

goodwuestions for sure. Though I think people are exagerrating what is happening..its no coincidence that we cant keep academy players-we are in the third divsion and they are going to prem clubs...of course they want out if offered a shot at the premier league..everyone else at the club would leave if they were offered prem..why would academy players be different?
greenwood explicitly turned down a contract wit safc..he joined arsenal..

It's the biggest issue at the club imo. We need to start producing players. We seem a million miles away from doing it. I also think Ballys role needs clarifying

Stick the Bally question on the list.

How do we ensure these questions are answered?

goodwuestions for sure. Though I think people are exagerrating what is happening..its no coincidence that we cant keep academy players-we are in the third divsion and they are going to prem clubs...of course they want out if offered a shot at the premier league..everyone else at the club would leave if they were offered prem..why would academy players be different?
greenwood explicitly turned down a contract wit safc..he joined arsenal..

Charlie mate,

The moment I started to type this one out I knew two things would happen:
1. You'd be over the post like a rash
2. Your response would be to try to minimise or deflect blame

How about someone from the club actually puts their name to direct and important difficult questions from fans without you answering them for on RTG?

Put it this way the lad who told me this morning words were “they’ll be no one left”

Put it this way the lad who told me this morning words were “they’ll be no one left”

Wouldnt this indicate that most of our academy players are coveted by other clubs? Given they havent been anywhere good enough to get anywhere near the worst team in our history, i find it hard to believe that clubs are flocking for there signatures.

Donald has a hands on stance re our academy players and new contracts and I think it's flawed.

Kimpioka has been away from the 1st team picture since his latest RR outburst.

i dont think an owner should over rule a managers choice of player and a dofs decision on a fee..AD is supposed to know less about football thnan the manger he appointed and the football adviser he appointed..

wigan achieved something safc didnt..they got out of this league..
onien has been a good signing..lets have more like him..
He shouldn't rule out his choice of player but the buck stops with him when it comes to value of money. If we're just going to have a chairman that allows money to be spunked on over priced shite then we may aswell have Short back.

Wouldnt this indicate that most of our academy players are coveted by other clubs? Given they havent been anywhere good enough to get anywhere near the worst team in our history, i find it hard to believe that clubs are flocking for there signatures.

Clubs want the highly rated ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back