Roker Rapport - Getting above their station or the voice of the fans??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only ever listened to 2 podcasts! See stuff on twitter as others I follow retweet. Not the first place I'd go to get news or opinions

I remember when the Roker Report pre-2016 used to be shite and was hosting interviews with "Gloatysock".

The current lads who run it have transformed it with very little resources into a fanzine to envy. It embodies the soul of the supporters.

Their podcasts, the contacts they've gained, it's been organized very very well and professionally.

Full of quality writers.

And I'd just like to take the credit for this, because without me none of this would be possible. Me. Me. Me!
I remember when the Roker Report pre-2016 used to be shite and was hosting interviews with "Gloatysock".

The current lads who run it have transformed it with very little resources into a fanzine to envy. It embodies the soul of the supporters.

Their podcasts, the contacts they've gained, it's been organized very very well and professionally.
This is my side account

The ALS lads were the ones who were interviewed a few years ago as a kind of voice of the fans then seemed to drop away as others appeared.

Only ever listened to 2 podcasts! See stuff on twitter as others I follow retweet. Not the first place I'd go to get news or opinions

Some of the ex players/managers they’ve had on their pods have been insightful to the current regime, and quite important in the current ‘era’. Well worth hearing imo.

I find the roving reporter Gav to be one of the most articulate, sensitive and informative human beings ever, I salivate when I read his articles. I love him lots like jelly tots!

This is the gayest post I have ever made!

Well.
If ever was the time to have a fanzine who aren’t afraid to speak out, its now.

They’re a million times better than that ALS shite anarl.

ALS are mint!

I think they're canny. I mean, today I was saying that I think they should probably interview Storey if they're going to quiz him on twitter anyway, but no one agrees with everything. On the whole they seem like decent lads producing good SAFC content. Over lockdown, especially when I was furloughed, I loved the pods with ex players and things. They can crack on as far as I'm concerned. They also get stick for "loving Donald" early on. Tbf most of us were taken in by him. For a group of volunteer podcasters to get the chance to interview the owner when local journos didn't, I think we'd all have been a bit star struck. I say fair play to them for realising he wasn't right for the club and changing their stance. They could have become his unofficial mouthpiece. They're fine.

I think they're canny. I mean, today I was saying that I think they should probably interview Storey if they're going to quiz him on twitter anyway, but no one agrees with everything. On the whole they seem like decent lads producing good SAFC content. Over lockdown, especially when I was furloughed, I loved the pods with ex players and things. They can crack on as far as I'm concerned. They also get stick for "loving Donald" early on. Tbf most of us were taken in by him. For a group of volunteer podcasters to get the chance to interview the owner when local journos didn't, I think we'd all have been a bit star struck. I say fair play to them for realising he wasn't right for the club and changing their stance. They could have become his unofficial mouthpiece. They're fine.

It's just a hobby that got out of hand to be honest

Just wondered what people’s views are of the RR fanzine? I really enjoy their podcasts but have noticed that they are growing in influence, certainly on Twitter with some of their posters being quite vocal. There’s one bloke Gav who certainly values his own opinion quite highly (bit of an arrogant sod tbh).

Undoubtedly some great content but the whole #donaldout stuff was ill thought out at the time.

views?

Enjoy both RR & WMS, said it a few times on here we're lucky to have really good fanzine content as a club.

Content for the fans by the fans. If you don't like them don't read it, its pretty simple. Hard-working lads who do it for free. Not sure what the issue is...

Didn't one of them swing a job with the club off the back of his work? Fair play, that takes skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back