Roker Rapport - Getting above their station or the voice of the fans??

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the problem hiding the past on social media.

If anything’s left over you look like a cat trying to bury its shit on a limo floor
It is what it is tbh. The only people who didn't get 'taken in' to any extent by Donald and Methven were the contrarians who had decided they were shite based on no tangible evidence whatsoever. People notice what they notice and get stuff at different times. I started noticing issues in the first October but didn't put any of it together with incompetence until after the January window. Even then I looked for the best in them and mitigated for them. There's some that are still defending him (or equivocating for him) even after two years of demonstrable incompetence and the mother of all hissy-fits the other week. The lesson is to never cleave to tightly to any particular beliefs because it makes it more conspicuous when evidence forces you to leave them behind.

Very posh cat you've got btw:lol:

Last edited:

Liked the WMS content during lockdown like. Footy hooligan film and football factories reviews, deep dives into premier passions and stid etc.

That Scottish lad Graham is proper sound anarl. Don’t know if he’s still with them and I know he has his own podcast but I’m glad that cockney lad is gone. Seen a sound bunch of lads as do WMS

This. For years, the owner of the club has consistently tried to organise pile ons (before he hid from social media), refused to go on podcasts if he was there, regularly name checks the guy, etc. It's fairly obvious why (because he had him sussed), and the fact is that Chris Wetherspoon saw through Donald and co far before many / most SAFC fans. In fact, weirdly, there are some who still seem to give him the benefit of the doubt, or their default setting is to try and justify / excuse everything they have done on the grounds that Donald probably just got his words a bit mixed up and he seemed like a nice bloke when having a pint with him. So I think Chris Wetherspoon, having never been a part of that cosiness, does a great service for SAFC fans tbh.

I don't often listen to the podcasts any more, I prefer WMS when I do, but my issue with the podcasts - certainly RR - is how, when Donald took over and wanted to ingratiate themselves with the fans, they were like starstruck kids.
Yeah, could be wrong but I think the whole thing with Chris and Donald started because Chris spotted very early on that SBC still had a charge over the club when Donald was going round telling everyone we were debt free. Think he tweeted Donald to ask when Donald was replying to everyone about everything but he ignored him, then spotted other things that didn't add up. I know a lot goes on behind the scenes but Donald's pile on after refusing to at least speak to him was shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back