Roker Pier

Where is this written? I've read it on here, but can't see anything formally stating this is correct.
Booty knars everyone and everything, don’t question, don’t dispute, don’t disagree, don’t do anything but fall into line cos he’s badder than Putin.

I’m fine, chuffed you are now up to date with the relevant info.
Keep it going

:rolleyes:
I knew it in the first place

Should we discuss the fact its a total cost cutting operation though or not :lol:

Where is this written? I've read it on here, but can't see anything formally stating this is correct.
Just hearsay from the council. Loads of fishermen were slating them saying theyre a dosgrace and supposedly they came back
With that shite :lol:

I knew it in the first place

Should we discuss the fact its a total cost cutting operation though or not :lol:

Just hearsay from the council. Loads of fishermen were slating them saying theyre a dosgrace and supposedly they came back
With that shite :lol:

Cost cutting or longer term planning? If they are to be ruptured 3/4 times a year what would you want them to be?

WHAT ABOUT ME f***ing BINS!!!!!
Could do with a bin on the pier like, saves the councillor picking the rubbish off the beach and wondering where it's from. Just one will do.

He failed to respond to the same question at the time this happened.
Listen to gala mate.
The top angler in the north east told me. He also said he caught a fish thiiiiiiiiis big.

Last edited:
You well know the answer, it’s the arsehole culture we have on here that people want to take the piss out of things Mother Nature has thrown.
You really think it’s anyone's fault we had two huge storms in two weeks?
Trust Me I had the misfortune to be on a big orange boat during one of the storm nights and it was nothing like wind and rain that some arsewipe mentioned earlier.
You soft tart.

I’ve been on this planet 47 yrs and have not known damage in there like the last few years. Couple this with the old pier, are we just seeing things reaching the end of its life?
Give a decent set of railings a good foundation and they might last another 100 yrs

You soft tart.

Haha really, I’m sure a few on here that know what I do would disagree with you.

Mind you I’m partial to a Bakewell

I’ve been on this planet 47 yrs and have not known damage in there like the last few years. Couple this with the old pier, are we just seeing things reaching the end of its life?
Give a decent set of railings a good foundation and they might last another 100 yrs

The railings were only erected in 1972/3, some on here think they can last forever tho, much like their windows and gas boilers and fridges and hoovers and cars and beds and chairs and carpets...........

Last edited:
Haha really, I’m sure a few on here that know what I do would disagree with you.

Mind you I’m partial to a Bakewell

The railings were only erected in 1972/3, some on here think they can last forever tho, much like their windows and gas boilers and fridges and hoovers and cars and beds and chairs and carpets...........
Last 45 yrs and then 45 days ( exaggeration I know )
The railings when I was a lad had been there longer than a few years

There was several different ones. There was round ones and there was ornate ones. The ornat ones stopped at the old gate half way iirc.

The photo was brought about fencing question were some blokes fishing in 1970 next to the main lighthouse with no barriers, I’m sure a few will have fell in on a regular basis.
Bearing in mind I know how many times we get called to the pier (when it’s open) for a variety of reasons.

Cost cutting. The others lasted a hundred years, these ;lasted 4 month
Have the holding stones ever been ripped off previously during storms? You seem to have all the answers. I know the correct answer just wanting to know if you know as much as you think you do.

Have the council given any indication of when repairs will be carried out?

Work vans on the pier yesterday so either assessing or starting work in it

Last edited:
The photo was brought about fencing question were some blokes fishing in 1970 next to the main lighthouse with no barriers, I’m sure a few will have fell in on a regular basis.
Bearing in mind I know how many times we get called to the pier (when it’s open) for a variety of reasons.
I blame mobile phones for that. I’ve fished on there when someone got washed off. A couple of bigger lad got the life belt and dragged him to the steps, he got out , got what gear he had left and went home. Late 70s/ early 80s I reckon.

Have the holding stones ever been ripped off previously during storms? You seem to have all the answers. I know the correct answer just wanting to know if you know as much as you think you do.

Work vans on the pier yesterday so either assessing or starting work in it
No

Back