Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

And very likely you would be on reduced pay after a certain amount of time. In many places of work you may even face disciplinary measures should your 'sickness' be so frequent and not always stress or mental health related making you unavailable for work so often. Rodwell like most footballers won't be.

After a certain period of time many companies would be able to get rid of you if you were repeatedly unavailable for the type of work you were getting paid for, going down the correct avenues of course.

I therefore don't think it's out of the question for people to question him and his motives when those issues are so frequent and clearly effect performances or availability.
Rodwell could have been reduced to a lower level of pay. He could have been subject to disciplinary measures. He could have been eligible for dismissal.

If only SAFC had remembered to include such measures as contractual terms during the pre-signing negotiations, that is. As the club didn't bother to do so, it only has itself to blame.

Rodwell is presumably adhering to the letter of the contractual terms. It may be argued that he is not operating within the 'spirit' of the contractual arrangements (which are, essentially, 'We give you money : you play football'), but the 'spirit' of a contract is worth about the same as a verbal contract - not worth the paper it is written on.

He got a 5 year contract and if reports are true he’s on 64k p/w plus appearance bonuses, signing on fee, transfer fee, agent fees and any other bonuses

It’s arguably a worse deal than the Alvarez one
And my I add I was on record a week earlier watching him live in Minneapolis Minnesota for Man C a friendly against the Greek side. Worst player I seen in a Man City uniform shocked we bought him and signed him then to here about his contract just makes me mad...Still depressed about what’s happening to my lovable club!!

on Monday gone a journo was going to ask a direct question about Rodwell's injury reoccurring, it was supposed to be put to him/ si today but he was blocked again from doing so, and also asking how long have we known about his injury, so no it's not a parsnip it's a genuine post.
See you lot tomorrow in Millers 3 or 4 WHU lads coming over for a bit of craic, good England boys

He hasn’t even got the balls to play in this league, he had the chance to redeem himself as a waste of space.
If he is ill upstairs then he needs help and the club should acknowledge this publicly.
I doubt he will pull a first team shirt on now, it’s getting beyond repair for the lad.

Hasn't he basically just gone on the sick with mental health issues? Get him help and support him in every way possible whilst simultaneously looking to sack him. Like every other employer would. Let's be honest, we've all known colleagues who swing the lead ( or have genuine issues) and do this. If we were sensible we'd have a clause in the contract that accounts for this scenario.

This. He's a bottler on the pitch but he's been discussed to death on here, beyond tedious.

It's not his fault he earns what he does either so I don't understand why people hold this against him. He isn't purposely shit.

True. But I'd be embarrassed of myselfif I was him. And if I was a member of his family, embarrassed to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back