Robocop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids don't today understand the excitement of seeing the film you've been waiting for ages to see finally has the tape in the slot next to the title case, and the suspense as you reached for it hoping it wasn't the f***ing Betamax copy
I always say the same mate, there's no wanting anymore. It's all there whenever they like.
Remember getting hmrc to get video tapes ordered in for me specially when I was a bairn! Haha.

Video shops in the 80s were class. Our local new I loved ninja films and was more than happy to rent them to me at 11 years old as he knew my dad let me watch them. Wasn't quite the same approach at Blockbuster

Likka and Flix (I think that's how they spelled it) in Roker was our local shop that rented out videos. Used to get sent up for a video and a mix up. Class.

Watched it when I was 7 or so for the first time. Video man used to drive round once or twice a week and we borrowed this. Class film. :cool:

It was decent enough but I prefer this sampled record.

The remix is excellent as well.

them both take no prisoners, esp the remix

Yup, it's all about top dollar now. Why cut a film's balls off by making it an 18 when you can get all the kids to watch it.

Mind we complain, but then when they do make one nobody goes to watch it :lol: although that's more to do with the fact it's not very good - Alien covenant, I'm looking at you!

You don't see kids quoting films like we did when we saw:
The Terminator
Aliens
Predator
Robocop
The Running Man
Total recall
Terminator 2

I miss those days :(

used to always shout "lewis" in robocops voice after waking up pissed after sessions etc.

woukd crease my pal like

Last edited:

The making of Murphy's Death.

Still one of the hardest watches for me, love the film. This scene is a struggle, which i guess is the entire point. Sign of great film making!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back