Robin eating out of my hand

Got a Robin eating out of my hand today. Suet pellets.
What a feeling. Clearly hungry with this cold weather. Mrs (no) Camera ready and did this 3 times.

Logon or register to see this image

https://postimg.cc/Fkg6W2Nj

Love Wild Birds 👍
Whilst it’s a great feeling for you no doubt, the Robin would have been absolutely terrified. Eating out your hand rather than starving. Just leave the pellets on the ground for them, and let them be.

Apparently there are loads of waxwings about. Hope I get to see some. Great birds.

Looking out for them and not seen one.
Whilst it’s a great feeling for you no doubt, the Robin would have been absolutely terrified. Eating out your hand rather than starving. Just leave the pellets on the ground for them, and let them be.

Already had a few on Ground.
He recognised my Swindon hat 🤣

Last edited:
Poor things are struggling atm, Had a Greenfinch bopping about around a crowd of people today, Ground solid as ferk, Never seen them so close to people. :cry:

Feeding loads the last few days in the garden.
Must get some pictures. Garden full of all sorts, lovely to watch.

Always take a bag of suet pellets in my pocket when out with the dog.👍

Last edited:
Got a Robin eating out of my hand today. Suet pellets.
What a feeling. Clearly hungry with this cold weather. Mrs (no) Camera ready and did this 3 times.

Logon or register to see this image

https://postimg.cc/Fkg6W2Nj

Love Wild Birds 👍
Was it actually that Robin in the picture above that came and ate out your hand? That is a smashing photo mind, you must try and squeeze it into a photo comp, I would photo for it.
They are class little animals like. Bet they're hard as nails anorl
Oh I've heard they can be grumpy little territorialists too. Doesn't make them any less cute tho.
Bloody immigrants coming over here and stealing our berries!
Are they not native to Britain? Thought they were

Last edited:
No they come over from Scandinavia in the winter when the food runs low there.

There's loads of rowan trees in the woods out the back of mine. I've seen them there before feasting on the berries.
Aaaah, don't worry we are sending one of our very own over there soon (unless the happy couple are settling over here?) 😁

Weddings soon isn't it?

Poor things are struggling atm, Had a Greenfinch bopping about around a crowd of people today, Ground solid as ferk, Never seen them so close to people. :cry:
Never seen a greenfinch for years. And yet my Tyneside garden has featured bulfinches, goldcrest and four members of the tit family in recent months. Forty years ago Greenfinches were more common than the most of the aforementioned.
Mind you, finches have a running buffet all year round.

Last edited:

Back