Robert platek one of the FPP lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could be something similar to a plan my wife’s uncle put together with football agent Peter Harrison a few years ago. Basically buy a club on a European country where the visa/work permit requirements aren’t as stringent as the U.K. import young players from African countries, get them enough first team appearances in said country before moving them to England once work permit requirements have been met.

Won't work after Brexit.
That's for the UK. Some other EU countries have lower requirements & shorter residency periods to gain citienship. That's one of the reasons so many big clubs use Belgian teams as feeder clubs. Players only need 3 years residency to obtain citizenship there & can then move anywhere in the Schengen area.

Brexit. No more free movement for EU players.

Last edited:
He cant be buying a football club because i read on here that none of the FPP lot were interested in owning a football club. It was too hands on and time consuming apparently, they were much more likely to invest and let others do the donkey work. Because apparently they couldnt appoint their own people to do the day to day stuff for them? i never got to find out the reason why like.

He cant be buying a football club because i read on here that none of the FPP lot were interested in owning a football club. It was too hands on and time consuming apparently, they were much more likely to invest and let others do the donkey work. Because apparently they couldnt appoint their own people to do the day to day stuff for them? i never got to find out the reason why like.
Wonder if their message board dismissed any talk from ITKs because it hadn't happened precisely as they want it.

Fuck, their lawyers have made a typographical error and acquired SonderjyskE when they thought that they were acquiring Sunderland.............. American's, what do they know about football?:rolleyes:

Their website even lists it as "Sønderjylland" .....ha ha ha ha

Last edited:
Because they were investing in Donald and not the club iirc.

I imagine this Danish team will cost a lot less than we would. And they might even have a straight forward owner for the buyer to deal with.

would image getting to the CL group stages would be a decent earner for a danish club.

can’t see it taking massive outlay to get there seeing as Kobenhaven do it regularly
Not anymore they don't. Europa League aye.

Like Celtic only been in 3 or 4 times in the last 10 seasons.

Last edited:
Not anymore they don't. Europa League aye.

Like Celtic only been in 3 or 4 times in the last 10 seasons.
Midtjland look likely to make it to the group stage this year

them and Kobenhaven tend ti get knocked out in the latter stages of the qualifying round.

can’t see it taking a huge amount more to kick on make the groups again. More cost effective getting a club like that there than it would be getting us there

Last edited:
Could be something similar to a plan my wife’s uncle put together with football agent Peter Harrison a few years ago. Basically buy a club on a European country where the visa/work permit requirements aren’t as stringent as the U.K. import young players from African countries, get them enough first team appearances in said country before moving them to England once work permit requirements have been met.
That's what Man Utd and Arsenal planned ages ago when they had links with Belgium clubs. Cannot remember the club Arsenal were linked with but Man Utd had ties with Royal Antwerp. Think Leicester have a link with some Belgium club as well

Midtjland look likely to make it to the group stage this year

them and Kobenhaven tend ti get knocked out in the latter stages of the qualifying round.

can’t see it taking a huge amount more to kick on make the groups again. More cost effective getting a club like that there than it would be getting us there
Aye without a doubt, just saying the qualifiers are difficult for the champions of sides outside the top 10 leagues.

That's for the UK. Some other EU countries have lower requirements & shorter residency periods to gain citienship. That's one of the reasons so many big clubs use Belgian teams as feeder clubs. Players only need 3 years residency to obtain citizenship there & can then move anywhere in the Schengen area.

In basketball, nations as allowed 1 naturized player to play per game, so East bloc countries hand out passports to American players like flyers for a nightclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back