Robert platek one of the FPP lot

Interesting development, maybe there is a plan to divide and concur. Feeder clubs etc etc

It does make you wonder what the end game is mind. I'd assume he'd want profit from any footballing venture, how much can you really earn with a Danish club? Unless you're getting them to a decent stage of the CL which is probably unlikely given the difficulty in attracting players to that division. Maybe FPP are still planning to own a club together but are also doing their own thing (or maybe it's just all fucked and we're stuck here for the next decade, but hopefully not!)

It does make you wonder what the end game is mind. I'd assume he'd want profit from any footballing venture, how much can you really earn with a Danish club? Unless you're getting them to a decent stage of the CL which is probably unlikely given the difficulty in attracting players to that division. Maybe FPP are still planning to own a club together but are also doing their own thing (or maybe it's just all fucked and we're stuck here for the next decade, but hopefully not!)

would image getting to the CL group stages would be a decent earner for a danish club.

can’t see it taking massive outlay to get there seeing as Kobenhaven do it regularly

Could be something similar to a plan my wife’s uncle put together with football agent Peter Harrison a few years ago. Basically buy a club on a European country where the visa/work permit requirements aren’t as stringent as the U.K. import young players from African countries, get them enough first team appearances in said country before moving them to England once work permit requirements have been met.

Could be something similar to a plan my wife’s uncle put together with football agent Peter Harrison a few years ago. Basically buy a club on a European country where the visa/work permit requirements aren’t as stringent as the U.K. import young players from African countries, get them enough first team appearances in said country before moving them to England once work permit requirements have been met.

arent work permits based on international appearances, as opposed to first team?

Can’t see an influx of internationals wanting to swap Champions League (that’s the level they’d need to be playing at to get call ups) to join a team languishing in the third tier of English football

arent work permits based on international appearances, as opposed to first team?

Can’t see an influx of internationals wanting to swap Champions League (that’s the level they’d need to be playing at to get call ups) to join a team languishing in the third tier of English football
I think in certain countries they can apply for citizenship after a short period of time. Obviously a Danish passport holder moving to an English team is a hell of a lot easier than moving directly from Africa to the U.K.

Being cynical does the Danish club own some nice property that the investor can sell off or develop if the football side of things doesn't work out?

That's for the UK. Some other EU countries have lower requirements & shorter residency periods to gain citienship. That's one of the reasons so many big clubs use Belgian teams as feeder clubs. Players only need 3 years residency to obtain citizenship there & can then move anywhere in the Schengen area.

Back