rita, sue and bob too

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was brought up in Buttershaw in the 50's early 60's and have happy memories.
Shibden Hall/ Park was just down the road, Genleman Jack, and I used to cycle there regularly. Andrea Dunbar was born shortly before I left for Sunderland in '63.

I think the got away with it because the actresses were clearly nowhere near the age of the characters they were portraying. Still couldn't see it getting made these days mind.
Probably not as a comedy especially! Thing is it is or certainly was probably not far from what happened a lot in real life that's why it strikes a chord with a lot of us who were around at those times, shagging the babysitter and drink driving wasn't uncommon I would bet. It's a while since I have seen it but doesn't the Asian boyfriend say summat like "It's not my fault I'm a f***ing Paki!" when he's getting stick off the pissed up fatha? (who is a genius btw )

Probably not as a comedy especially! Thing is it is or certainly was probably not far from what happened a lot in real life that's why it strikes a chord with a lot of us who were around at those times, shagging the babysitter and drink driving wasn't uncommon I would bet. It's a while since I have seen it but doesn't the Asian boyfriend say summat like "It's not my fault I'm a f***ing Paki!" when he's getting stick off the pissed up fatha? (who is a genius btw )
Was definitely realism at the time, I got a wank in computer class, from a lass (Trudy) from up the flats on Buttershaw estate. Some came down our way to Harold Park, with tinnies and glue, something always sexual going on ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back