rita, sue and bob too

Grew up in a two up two down with no central heating we had an inside toilet so were posher than some. houses opposite were very damp and some had no running hot water never thought we were poor or people lived in slums most people keep they houses clean and even swept the streets. Poor and trouble families were put in substandard housing with those that could get out leaving from the 60s onward
Unless you're the same age as @socrates (unlikely) I don't mean them. My Dad worked at Philadelphia yard when I was a bairn and we had an outside toilet. I reckon that's one of the main reasons I'm not scared of spiders and that. :lol:
Where did yous live and when? I was mainly thinking of the old east end which would have been levelled in the 1930s. I would have loved to have seen all the old alleys and squares.

Street I used to live in appears in one scene. Those were the days when places you knew (as a northerner) were never on the telly. Bradford is such a unique place!
I use to go to the school from 86-90, and walked up Reevy Road West every day, you turned into Buttershaw Upper before you got to the Beacon Pub (All in the film). It was rough as fuck around those parts with the flats, but some other part of the estate were fine. The shops were up by the flats, so we fooked off in the opposite direction into Wibsey, less trouble.

Have a listen to Rita, Sue and Andrea too drama on radio 4 will be able to download on bbc sounds app, all about the wife who wrote it and was totally screwed over, got fuck all for it

Local lad and author Ben Myers’ wife Adele Stripe wrote a book about her which is supposed to be very good.

You dirty, mucky, filthy f***ing lying bastard of a husband! I HATE YOU!

A tremendous fillum as a youth, full of hilarity and some rude bits.
Re- watched it about a year ago, in today's climate- left me feeling slightly grubby, Bob is a f***ing nonce- pratting about with the schoolgirl babysitters! The fatha is an alcoholic racist waste of space and Rita's family are all wrong uns!

7/10

You dirty, mucky, filthy f***ing lying bastard of a husband! I HATE YOU!

A tremendous fillum as a youth, full of hilarity and some rude bits.
Re- watched it about a year ago, in today's climate- left me feeling slightly grubby, Bob is a f***ing nonce- pratting about with the schoolgirl babysitters! The fatha is an alcoholic racist waste of space and Rita's family are all wrong uns!

7/10
I think the got away with it because the actresses were clearly nowhere near the age of the characters they were portraying. Still couldn't see it getting made these days mind.

I reckon Boris Johnson sees all of us Northerners like the cast of that film.
Looks like were all fucked.

Film rating 9/10

Tbh Me and the missus (no) use fuckolads of quotes from it
Are we going for a jump up on't moors? (usually when I've got the horn and she hasn't)
Fat f***ing Mavis (whenever one of us makes a reet pig of ourselves at Cleadon carvery)

Back