rippetoe compound lifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunk said:
Remember that when you're searching for your 1RM you're working to your limits, so remember to get a spot.

With your back squat there is quite a bit of variance for where you can place your hands. Just find a position that is natural and comfortable for you. Once you have found this position focus on on keeping them relaxed. Don't try to push your elbows up or down. It doesn't matter.

What matters is keeping your chest big and keeping the weight on your heels. Don't let your chest drop, otherwise you'll hips will rise up and you'll lose drive.

Focus on pushing your hips forward and through and not 'up'.

Hope this helps.

I had good hip drive and my hips fell below my knee, it was just this problem with flexibility that seemed to put pressure on my front delt and top of bicep, gripped as wide as I could anarl

I need to work out my 1RM

Just back from my first rippetoe session, just thought I'd take it easy and get my form nailed as I haven't lifted in about a year.

Squat - 3x5 100kg
Bench - 3x5 80kg
Deadlift - 1x5 140 kg

Squat is causing me problems, with my grip of the bar, I'm so inflexible that my wrists are bending and the tension is kinda pushing the upper back forwards. My back is straight but instead of being upright its coming over, bring my nipples to my knees if that makes sense!?

Forgot how many idiots use the gym anarl!

taking it easy? why don't you just slap me in the face.

i'm not dead lifting yet due to me hamstring.

squat 105kg
shoulder press 55kg
power clean 55kg first try of this exercise it felt canny good.

so with a 1rm do you just keep building up till form drops too much?

Lewberry pie said:

squat 105kg
shoulder press 55kg

Soz mate, but I am a big lad. Probably stick to my numbers for a few weeks till I nail that squat niggle, it's a long way down when you're 6'6"!!!

You if you're 6ft6", it could make it a bit more comfortable
my stance and depth is fine, i'm going past parallel. The niggle i'm having with my squat is my grip of the bar due to flexibilty in my arms and shoulders.

think after a bit researching this morning I've come to conclusion that the bar may be a little too low on my back, this would explain the grip problem i'm having and the fact that its forcing my body forward slightly.

my stance and depth is fine, i'm going past parallel. The niggle i'm having with my squat is my grip of the bar due to flexibilty in my arms and shoulders.

What warm-up do you do?

Try some internal & external rotations and maybe some incline bench/physioball "L's".
cheers, i'll give them a go tomorrow.

squat 105kg
shoulder press 55kg

did you not do the chin ups as suggested if you're doing power cleans?

:mad:

Nah I got kicked out by the owner so didn't have time, as I was doing my last set he switched the lights off:roll:

If the gym owner switched the lights off as I was doing a compound/olympic lift, I'd unravel his turban and choke him out with it. f***ing stupidity of the highest order.

If the gym owner switched the lights off as I was doing a compound/olympic lift, I'd unravel his turban and choke him out with it. f***ing stupidity of the highest order.

aye he didn't know what I was doing like tbf he's aright.

I've reduced my calories from 2600 to 2250 because it feels like I'm eating too much and I don't want to bulk before I get down to 15% bf

aye he didn't know what I was doing like tbf he's aright.

I've reduced my calories from 2600 to 2250 because it feels like I'm eating too much and I don't want to bulk before I get down to 15% bf

2250 sounds like maintenance, why the need go up and down in bodyfat anyway?

2250 sounds like maintenance, why the need go up and down in bodyfat anyway?

my tdee according to the first website I went in fitnessfrog said my maintenance was 2900 with 4 days of exercise.

my lbm is approx 140-150 if you think that from that my calories are wrong then let me know.

I don't know what you mean, if I'm too fat then I want to lose it.

according to titus equations my lbm of 63kg

bmr 1745 x 1.5 = 2619

I can't do squats and play football to my best ability, legs are just to weak. Thats just me tho, others may be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back