RIP menthol cigarettes

As much as I would love to see that it would just create an underground market

We need to slowly move everyone who smokes to either abstinence, NRT or E-Cigs, then support the abstinent and slowly wean the latter two off nicotine altogether, or onto low nicotine doses.

By 2030, something like 7-10% of people will be smokers. I’m hoping by 2040 that’s down to 2-3%. It’ll be eradicated by 2050.

That's over here. Rates are much higher in the third world and far fewer people can afford to vape

Probably greed mate. I’m sure I read a few years back that the Govt makes £12BN from the tobacco industry, and it costs the NHS around £2.5BN in treating smoking related diseases. I hate it like, it’s what killed my old man off in the end.
Same here, and provided horrible regular bronchitis and asthma for me, my mother and sister too.

It's not so much that it killed him though, it was the 10 years of suffering prior to death when he could have been more active, that dedicated smokers just ignore.

I can see it and want it banning in the next few years. Would be a great day the day tabs are banned for good and smokers are forced to pack in or merge Into underground societies like in that film where disenfranchised humans are forced to merge into an underground society but I’ve forgotten its name.

Anyway I think it’s inevitable

Has anyone been in someone’s house who smokes in there. Jesus it’s vile. If I was a landlord I’d make them either pay a huge bond to fumigate the place and if they couldn’t afford it I’d not let them have it. if I smelled so much as a whiff of tabs I’d keep the lot. It’s about time these people were taught a lesson.

Has anyone been in someone’s house who smokes in there. Jesus it’s vile. If I was a landlord I’d make them either pay a huge bond to fumigate the place and if they couldn’t afford it I’d not let them have it. if I smelled so much as a whiff of tabs I’d keep the lot. It’s about time these people were taught a lesson.

Yes make them wear yellow armbands with a cigarette on it.

I worked in an office where there was a room on the top floor with 3 chain smokers in it. I remember taking the anti-glare screens off their computers and rinsing out the thick yellow gunk, and when you took stuff off the walls you could see what the proper colour should be. Disgusting.
Yes make them wear yellow armbands with a cigarette on it.
You don't need to.

Last edited:
Same here, and provided horrible regular bronchitis and asthma for me, my mother and sister too.

It's not so much that it killed him though, it was the 10 years of suffering prior to death when he could have been more active, that dedicated smokers just ignore.

Sorry to hear that mate, it’s a very selfish habit like. My Dad had 4 major heart attacks, the 5th one killed him due to having pneumonia in hospital. If he has stopped, I reckon we could’ve got an extra ten years out him.

I worked in an office where there was a room on the top floor with 3 chain smokers in it. I remember taking the anti-glare screens off their computers and rinsing out the thick yellow gunk, and when you took stuff off the walls you could see what the proper colour should be. Disgusting.

Cool story bro.

Loads but I suppose they would no more interesting than yours so I will let you have all the glory.
So none then.

Most of yours seem to be "everybody else is a nazi". Said in a sneery pretentious way.

It wasn't a story, you tedious prick, just something relevant to the thread. You might want to try it sometime.

If people are going to be denied the right to make their own choices then I think alcohol should next on the list.

It would save the nhs loads if hey didn’t have to deal with the fallout from drunken idiots and alcoholics.I

If people are going to be denied the right to make their own choices then I think alcohol should next on the list.

It would save the nhs loads if hey didn’t have to deal with the fallout from drunken idiots and alcoholics.I

Smoking is significantly more dangerous and has significantly lower social, economic and cultural value.

I do think we should charge at least 50p a unit though.

Back