RIP menthol cigarettes

It's a changing world.

Tabs will be eradicated soon enough.

Earlier in the week we had nick Hancock apologising for ripping it out of luke Chadwick. Last night I watched Blackfish about SeaWorld and one of the closing statements was how we'd look back in 50 years and everyone would think SeaWorld was barbaric.

Changes for the better.

Peace.

Disgusting habit like. I went to a cinema in Abu Dhabi and they were chain smoking and talking on their Mobiles through the whole film. Luckily it was a shit film like.
Interesting page here. List of countries by cigarette consumption per capita - Wikipedia

UAE is actually quite low in the smoking rates, 4 places below the U.K. It’s based on cigarettes per person per year though rather than percentages so there could be 60% of the population smoking 5 a day in one country compared to 15% smoking 30 a day or something in another and they could be close to each other in the table.

Why don’t they just ban all cigarettes
They should start with infants starting school this year. It gives us a decade of health warnings and discussion to get the point across and just after that we'll have the first smoke free generation. Everyone else can kill themselves as slowly and as painfully they see fit.

Last edited:
Just ban tabs. Even if it does create an underground market at least people won’t be doing it in public and therefore less kids will be exposed to it making them want to pick it up.
Well yeah. Stopping the practice of buying tabs in shops will help massively. There's always going to be hooky baccy but no more than there is now and I'd assume with legal stuff out of the equation it'd be easier to pick up on them. We'd have to bolster the customs and excise service but hey...more jobs.

As much as I would love to see that it would just create an underground market

We need to slowly move everyone who smokes to either abstinence, NRT or E-Cigs, then support the abstinent and slowly wean the latter two off nicotine altogether, or onto low nicotine doses.

By 2030, something like 7-10% of people will be smokers. I’m hoping by 2040 that’s down to 2-3%. It’ll be eradicated by 2050.
Or just leave them alone to make their own choices....

Back