Rip Laputian

Status
Not open for further replies.

You were never bored with a Laputian post. He was a funny bloke. The world and SAFC are far the worse for his passing. Hope he'll have a game up there with Mel Holden, Bob Stokoe, and a lot of the old players he's seen over the years. Or perhaps ther's a Premier League up there too...and a message board? If so, I'm sure Lappy will be loving it. RIP.

A few years back I was desparate to learn the chords of a song. The only versions on the internet were laughably wrong so out of daftness I asked the question on hear. Lappy took it upon himself to go and find the track as a download, learn the chords and post them back to me within a few hours.
As someone who could amuse and annoy ;) in equal measure he will be sorely missed. RIP:cry:

Very sad new indeed.
St. Peter will be heartily sick of him now, Lappy'll be winding him up about crucifixion theories.

RIP Sean.

I would always look for Lappy's post's, whether they were being serious, taking the micheal or having a heated discussion, they were always worth reading. Quality, quality intelligent poster and would have love to met him.

RIP Lap.

The last home game of the season this year is going to have a few SMB Members in my thoughts that's for sure.

:-(

Terrible news. RIP laputian and condolences to his friends and family

Not being a regular visitor anymore I was genuinely shocked when I logged on to read this news. I remember some great banter with the man when I was a regular contributor about a year back.
He will be sorely missed on this board and I can imagine by his friends and family.

If a virtual statue could be cast on this site Laps would be a fine candidate indeed.

R.I.P fella

Logged on for the first time in a couple of weeks to see this. Very sad news. I can hardly believe it.

RIP Sean.

Quite a shock to read your news today Andy. I didn't visit the Board yesterday. I guess it wasn't unexpected but when it finally happens and you realise that one more of us is gone, it does kinda make you stand back and realise that none of us are immortal. Some of us last the course just a little while longer, that's all. I'll miss him! To be honest I've missed hime every time I've logged on here in the last month.

He was a good 'un.

I am only able to echo many of the sentiments posted already.

Whether in agreement or not, in frustration or humour. Always a good read.

RIP

I used to post on this board a lot more under a different name some years ago but have not done so as much recently. Consequently I wasn't aware of Laputian's illness so this has come as a shock to me. Makes you realise that a lot of us know precious little about each other - even something as sad as this. His posts were always provocative and entertaining. RIP.

Haven't been on this board too long,but always stopped to look at Laputian's posts as he always had something dry or original to say.Just been reading his take on A Christmas Carol re.WHED and my sides are aching.Did WHED ever do the right thing?Did he ever think he did the wrong thing?
R.I.P. Laputian you're wit will be sorely missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back