Rip Laputian

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andy

Lappy's mate, George, phoned me a few moments ago to tell me that Sean (Lappy's real name) passed away yesterday morning. George said that he hadn't been very well for some time, and was being treated by McMillan nurses.
His full name was Sean Hewitson, and he was 52. He originated from Kibblesworth and went to Chester le Street Grammar school. As many people on the SMB suspected he was very intelligent and after gaining a degree he went on to become a Ph. D. in computer sciences. He was unmarried, and had four sisters. He lived in Jesmond, Newcastle, and thought nothing of walking through the city in his Sunderland colours:)
George assures me that, although much of his humour was confrontational, it was almost always to try and wind people up. I'm ashamed to admit that once or twice even I snapped, but he wouldn't have been offended.
His knowledge of the history of SAFC was almost encyclopaedic, and although I was six years his senior, I think he will have attended more games than I have. He was even a regular attender at SJP in their reasonable days.
He also had a great knowledge of music and was an accomplished guitarist. Particular favourites of his were Hank Williams ("Luke the Drifter"), Neil Young and Bob Dylan.
The SMB has lost a long time member and knowledgeable contributor.

RIP

Despite never meeting the lad I've gone a bit numb reading that. I'll remember him as the most intelligent and at times humourous poster on this board. They do say only the good die young and this certainly seems a case to back that point up.

RIP Lappy/Sean, you'll be missed

Sad news. Always looking for a wind up, he had many an argument but that's what makes this board so entertaining.

RIP matey

My god, that is tragic news. I didn't know it was that far advanced. I am genuinely upset at the death of someone I never even met.
The bloke was extremely intelligent as you say, and knew everything about SAFC. He was always very kind to me on here, and I thoroughly enjoyed his posts.

I will miss him on here. R.I.P. Lappy mate.

I've missed his intelligence and humour, even though confrontational and no doubt he will be giving St Peter some stick very shortly.

RIP Lappy.

As much as I hated him - I was always attracted to his posts and craic.

RIP Lappy.:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back