RIP John Hays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gutted. Knew him reasonably well. Nice fella and very pro Sunderland. The strain of taking over TC and then being hit by Covid must have been horrendous.
Rip John and sincere condolences to Irene and family.
Always remember when covid hit and him and his wife were on tv and he said nothing and didn't look very well then at all. In contrast to his previous one where they had just taken over the TC shops and he was vibrant.
Just shows how stress can literally kill.
RIP a big Safc fan.

Desperately sad. Like most on here, I didn't know the fella but he always seemed to have a big heart.

Feel for his poor missus most as they always looked like a team in everything they did.. he's going to be a big loss to her.

No doubt a massive shock to her and a huge loss. If she has the appetite to continue then the business is lucky because she is as bright and sharp as they come.

A very sad day for John’s family and loved ones and he will be such a big miss in this city. I hope his legacy lives on and thrives as a tribute to the foundations he laid.

Last edited:
Just heard... how sad
After everything he did to save the staff from Thomas Cook, then this lockdown fck on...for it to end as it has
You just know he was a really nice man in real life..one of the good lads.
And honestly I bet theres no place he'd have rather died than being at the place he worked so hard to build.

RIP John Hays .

RIP , always came over as a good guy , he was good for the area and a great employer , feel sorry for his wife as they came over as lovely couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back