Rightmove Voyeurism

This is brilliant 😎

Wow, the outside looks like it has been mocked up for a film set. Just looking at the pictures you instantly think it has been owned by two old dears who have not updated it since the 50s, probably called Doris and Joan. Some of the decor reminds me of my grans old house.

Wow, the outside looks like it has been mocked up for a film set. Just looking at the pictures you instantly think it has been owned by two old dears who have not updated it since the 50s, probably called Doris and Joan. Some of the decor reminds me of my grans old house.
I like the ripples in the bedroom carpet. You just know someone keeps tripping over it when they get up for a piss in the night.

Know that place very well. It's been like that, untouched as long as I can remember.....and never seen it open.
It would be interesting to know the history. If you imagine that Doris and Joan opened a hairdressers as 20 year old youths, they would be 103 now. Even if they ran it until they got to their 70s, that would have closed doors in 1991.

To me, I'm much more interested in those sort of stories in history than the big things. How did ordinary people live? What were the important bits of the community? What did they eat? Who were the real characters and who really made a difference to ordinary people? There are real key points in history, new laws and procedures brought in, monarchs or parliaments changing, battles won and lost, but did the folk of Oldham 400 years ago really notice the difference when James I (V Scotland) took over from Elizabeth? But were markets, traditions, bits of the high street, around or established then, that are still in use today?

I've often thought if I could travel back in time to see an event, I'd pick something like a Thursday afternoon, 500 years ago in York. I used to live in York, so know it very well, just wander around and see how life compared to now.

It would be interesting to know the history. If you imagine that Doris and Joan opened a hairdressers as 20 year old youths, they would be 103 now. Even if they ran it until they got to their 70s, that would have closed doors in 1991.

To me, I'm much more interested in those sort of stories in history than the big things. How did ordinary people live? What were the important bits of the community? What did they eat? Who were the real characters and who really made a difference to ordinary people? There are real key points in history, new laws and procedures brought in, monarchs or parliaments changing, battles won and lost, but did the folk of Oldham 400 years ago really notice the difference when James I (V Scotland) took over from Elizabeth? But were markets, traditions, bits of the high street, around or established then, that are still in use today?

I've often thought if I could travel back in time to see an event, I'd pick something like a Thursday afternoon, 500 years ago in York. I used to live in York, so know it very well, just wander around and see how life compared to now.
You’d probably get burned alive as a witch.

Back